Shipping From Dallas To Houston 7 Days WTF

DJboutit

I got a Kenwood 5030 on Ebay shipping stated 7 days WTF. Receiver was dropped on at Fedex on Saturday I just checked tracking info from Saturday till 30 min ago the receiver has not even made it 30 miles S M H. I was thinking I could get it Tuesday or Wednesday now it is looking like late Thursday or Friday, I guess it was shipped super slow snail mail. It should only take 3 days Dallas is only like 250 miles away. I am hoping the tracking info on the Fedex web site is wrong crossing my fingers 36hrs max I get it.

ALL FexEx packages will go to one of their hubs 1st. In your area that would be the Ft. Worth hub. Regular ground shipments can take from 1-5 business days, no matter where the package originates from. If it takes 1-2 business days, they look good. But they cover their butts with the 1-5 business day thing. Just the nature of the shipping beasts.

I sent some RSD titles to a member across the SF bay one time, it's about a 30 minute drive from here. The records went down to LA, and then off to Illinois and then to him, it took 7 days. :confused:

I got the receiver today it has a nice sound to it I will post pictures later when Flickr is back up.

Doesn't the ebay shipping estimate add in the time the seller tells them it will take to prep it? If they said 1 or 2 days before shipping and there was a 2 day weekend in there it would add 3-4 days to the estimate.

It is pretty common to give extra long estimated delivery times. I run into that all the time with Rock Auto where the item gets here in 2 days when they said up to 8. It cuts down on the "You promised me it would be here on Wednesday!" emails from customers if they list a shorter estimate on the site.
I prefer that to the ones that go "delivery in 8 days" and then they sit on it for 7 and it is shipped from one day away.

Ground shipments don't tend to move on Sundays and sometimes when they move they don't get scanned so they will skip steps along the way.
It isn't completely unusual for the first scan on a shipment to be when it is delivered to the customer.

I sent some RSD titles to a member across the SF bay one time, it's about a 30 minute drive from here. The records went down to LA, and then off to Illinois and then to him, it took 7 days. :confused:

It is fun when they get on the wrong truck. I once had a shipment from California to Tennessee go through France.

Back
Top Bottom