Short Wave Tuners?

WRMI MIAMI.... WWCR NASHVILLE TENNESSEE..... WBCQ Maine....WTWW Lebanon Tennessee...... Are all current broadcast stations in the United States that I have been listening to for 20 years.. anybody interested in shortwave listening should do a Google search and check out the programs that exist.
G.C.N. has many shows on shortwave that are also played and replayed at gcnlive.com

Used to have a RS DX-150. Used it in the 70's-80's. Had fun tuning in the world. Radio Australia, BBC, Radio Moscow. Good old days.

I've decommissioned the universal Sony ICF-2010 setup I had in the center of the house for lack of interest. It was the main swl center, tho I had better receivers, like Icom R-75, R-390A, Hammarlund BC-1004C/SP-210X.
The internet has indeed supplanted SW broadcasting for international news, and time and curiosity have otherwise abated, along with patience for conspiracy theories and religious know-it-all nutjobs.

I've decommissioned the universal Sony ICF-2010 setup I had in the center of the house for lack of interest. It was the main swl center, tho I had better receivers, like Icom R-75, R-390A, Hammarlund BC-1004C/SP-210X.
The internet has indeed supplanted SW broadcasting for international news, and time and curiosity have otherwise abated, along with patience for conspiracy theories and religious know-it-all nutjobs.

That about sums it up for me, too.

Sony ST-2950S:

sintonizador-sony-st2950-s-vintage-1970-D_NQ_NP_960681-MLA26013229740_092017-F.jpg

Tandberg had several... in the US, TR2025MB probably the best known. Huldra models and some if not most Solvsuper were also multi-band w/SW.

John

Several capable portables out there. Top, or near the top, might be the Sangean ATS909, or a shirt pocket CCrane Skywave. Pretty remarkable radios. That big old Hammarlund was quite a machine back in the day.

Look for any of the grundig or telefunken console pulls from the early to mid 60's am/fm and usually 2 bands of shortwave. No tuned rf on SW, but its passible. Telefunken Hymnus comes to mind, or the Grundig RTV series (solid state)

Back
Top Bottom