Shots from the D

ooba tooba

The job I am currently working has me driving and stopping throughout Detroit and outskirts making templates. Some areas are nice (and surprisingly pricey) and some areas are sketchy, and I usually try to get in and out ASAP when working those. Had a part in the renovation of the Highland Park projects a few years back. My first day there I was almost T-boned by a guy running from 4 cops. They were jumping curbs and cars were flying all over the place. Welcome to Detroit. It's gotten better but you still have to be aware. Anyway, sometimes I just take a pic here and there on my phone. Thought I'd share
IMG_5265.JPG
IMG_5268.JPG IMG_5460.JPG IMG_5511.JPG IMG_5516.JPG IMG_5515.JPG IMG_5542.JPG IMG_5543.JPG IMG_5545.JPG IMG_5546.JPG

Last edited:
Detroit is morbidly fascinating. Visited there in 2013. It was surreal.
Thanks for posting.

@ooba tooba Familiar sight:

upload_2018-1-8_15-42-33.png

...although traffic has shifted to the other side now.

My first day there I was almost T-boned by a guy running from 4 cops. They were jumping curbs and cars were flying all over the place. Welcome to Detroit. It's gotten better but you still have to be aware.
Still a "lifer" here, although we're looking to change that in about four years' time (once my youngest graduates college). Still very unsafe in Detroit--many carjackings, drive-by shootings, and other things I can't mention publicly that make me happy to stay away from it. I still will only go down there in rare circumstances I don't like that my daughter has to drive through it to get to the school. I am waiting for a similar scenario where someone blows a stop sign or red light at a high rate of speed (they do it all the time down there). Truly wish she had chosen just about anywhere else on the planet, to be honest, but this is where she wanted to go, and had the grades and skills to get in.

Eastern Market is colorful to visit if you get a chance, especially on a Saturday when the full public market is in session.

Back
Top Bottom