Should I bring my RUSTED Eico hf-81??

rca2000

I have an Eico hf-81 amd, that, if one ONLY saw the front of it, might think that it was an ok amp, needing just a bit of cleaning. All of the knobs are there and appear to be original, and the front don't look too bad... BUT... upon looking at the chassis, it is a DIFFERENT (sadly) story!!

A mouse(or more than one) made their home in this at one time or another. And now, there is BAD rust on the chassis, in a number of places!! the mesh cover(which I am not sure where it is anyway) is BADLY rusted!! Needless to say, this is NOT a "mint" unit, far from it. However all of the tubes are there and all of the iron. (and the iron looks original, too. )

So.. I am wondering, Should I bring it to the fest? would anyone be interested in this, to maybe fix another HF-81 or if you are abbitious enough, fix IT?? I know what good '81's go for, but this is not good. I would NOT try to pass it off as anything but a "basket case", my friendship here on this site is worth a lot more to me than a few bucks gained wrongfully. (perhaps, $30-$40 would not be out of line, since it is all there, just "needing a lot of help").

BTW-- NO. the output tubes are NOT "labelled "eico", either, I don't think.

It's not a fun task, but remove or mask iron, coarse-sand till smooth, then spray-paint with rustoleum. It won't look stock, but it in some ways it will look better.

Back
Top Bottom