Should I get another Pioneer DV 37?

RemoWilliams

Addicted Member
I already talked myself into buying another one locally for 46.00 Cdn. as I find they make a pretty decent transport - running mine through an MF V Dac Mind you, this is in my smaller bedroom setup and I find it musical enough to actual sit down and listen for an extended time.

It seems I just cannot stop grabbing one of these late '90's/early 2000s DVD players such as the Sony ES series or of course the Pioneer Elites, only if I can find a good one for around 100.00 or less. The really nice units such as the DV 09 seem to fetch good prices, though I have yet to come across any locally.

One of these days I am tempted to finally get a Sony 9000ES although the S7000 I am using ( again as a transport through a Schiit Bifrost DAC ) is nice unit in the champagne finish. I was given a Yamaha 5 disc C 900 with the wood end panels ( or pseudo wood ) that at least to my ears also is a good transport.

I just love the solid build quality and heft of those earlier higher end players, just bought a Denon DVD 2800 for 20.00 so I could use it when listening to CDs through headphones, it also goes through the V Dac

Wondering if anyone else enjoys picking up what was once a 1,000.00 or more machine for basically pennies, and that they were for the most part still made in Japan. If and when one fails it can make a good looking paper weight as well.

I have 4 Toshiba SD-9200 dvd player and love the sound...They can be had for 1/10 the msrp these days on eBay.

I looked into that player and must say it is a well made unit - in fact it seems to get consistently positive thoughts on how good it sounds. May have to find one before too long, most likely it will be Ebay as the chances of one turning up locally are quite slim.

Back
Top Bottom