1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I get Heresy's???

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by telemike, Oct 11, 2018.

1. telemike

telemike AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have a mint set of KG 3.2's I really like. A collector I know has a set of Heresy 1's for sale. How would they compare to my KG's? My KG's are in mint shape and look brand new. I really like the sound of them so I'm not sure if the Heresy will be worth the extra $$$ to acquire.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dirk Willims

Dirk Willims AK Subscriber Subscriber

I own four sets of Herseys. Their in my back room. Lots of folks say they don't do base well, I don't find that to be true. I also find that I have to get them up off the ground two to three feet, for,best sound reproduction. Their not fortes or corns, but a very decent speaker. Their the speaker that led me to Cornwalls.

I'm amazed at what people are paying these days. Here in Oregon 500.00 to 800.00 a set, which is ridiculous. I paid 300.00 to,350.00 which I thought was high. But then I got onto the audiophile moraine thing, at its peak. I've become very very picky with what I purchase, these days.

Dirk

BillWojo and KlipschFan61 like this.
  3. ConradH

ConradH Addicted Member

Agree with Dirk. Set up properly, the bass can be quite impressive. I use them in the living room movie system because they have great vocal definition. Efficient- you can go LOUD! Maybe not the best rock and roll speaker due to voicing.

KlipschFan61 likes this.
  4. telemike

I know this isn't Dollars and Cents, but 550-600 is what I see on CL. He is about 100 cheaper for me.

If I can sell some stuff I may get them, can use KG's for stands

White01L likes this.
  5. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

I haven't spent a lot of time in front of Heresys but I do have Kg 4.2 and they are impressive from top to bottom. Have you done any mods to your 3.2s? If not, a recap and Crites diaphragms would be money well spent - less than $100 too. I will not be letting go of my 4.2s and plan some additional mods (cabinet bracing etc.).

6. Fairlane

Fairlane AK Subscriber Subscriber

Will ad my two cents worth having picked up a set of late first model Heresys at an estate sale earlier this year.
    They can be bass shy at times, other times depending on the music and source they have ample very accurate tight bass. Placement is key here I think. Mine sit right on the floor slight toe in.
    They are great for jazz and vocals and even rock music but you will hit their limits quickly with huge bass lines or big drum impacts etc.
    Have powered them with big and small solid state amps and receivers and they sound good. But give them tube power and they are spectacular. Think most people will agree to that statement, not all of course but a good majority.
    Currently powering them with a Sherwood
    S-5000 tube integrated. A perfect match made in heaven to my old ears.
    They are not for everyone but given what they do best; crystal clear detailed accurate sound at low watts I bet you will like them.

7. hugo454

hugo454 Gold Member Subscriber

Absolutely

White01L likes this.
  8. cartop

cartop Well-Known Member

I love mine. And as mentioned you can always flip them and get your money back or maybe a little more but if you like a speaker that is a little aggresive then I bet you keep them.

9. Eminence1963

Eminence1963 Active Member

You don't say how much their asking price is. Factor in the upgraded parts needed, to get them to shine like new, they might not be worth it, and can be found cheaper elsewhere.:thumbsup: Now in my part of the world the Heritage side does not come up often for sale, and if they do they want to sell them for the price of new ones.:crazy: I bought my H3's new, and glad I did. I want Cornwalls, so saving my pennies for those next and yes they will be new as well.

10. telemike

450 is my price

[​IMG]

11. cartop

cartop Well-Known Member

Is that what you are willing to pay or is that the sellers price, I am a bit confused.....:confused:

12. telemike

He has them at 550, 450 my price since I know him

13. cartop

cartop Well-Known Member

OK, I would wait a bit and see if you can't get them a little cheaper. But thats just me. I just got mine for $325 but that doesn't happen to much. Good luck.

14. Grenadeslio

Grenadeslio Super Member

They look great with the HWO finish, and that's a very fair price. Here it is from the horses mouth, I have two pair of Heresys series 1 and one pair of pristine wood finish KG3.2's. The 3.2's have astounding bass, and I really like them a lot, gifted them to my son to keep them in the family. Notice I kept the Heresys even though I had two, ya they're that much better, the Klipsch heritage midrange in all its glory. And I like the series 1 Heresy best, newer doesn't necessarily mean improved.

White01L likes this.
  15. satellite

satellite AK Subscriber Subscriber

I traded mine a few months ago for a nice Sansui 5000X + $200.
    I liked them a lot, and now that I'm getting heavier into jazz, and want to find a small tube amp to tinker with, I kinda regret passing them on. :dunno:
    Oh well... I don't have enough room to keep everything!

16. Eminence1963

:bigok: Good deal

White01L likes this.

17. telemike

I just need to sell some stuff....sigh

18. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

I've had Heresys, hadn't heard your KG 3.2. Nonetheless, I'd keep what you have.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  19. satellite

satellite AK Subscriber Subscriber

Since you know the guy, I'm assuming you've listened to them with various types of music and like them.
    Heresys seem to be somewhat polarizing, and apparently aren't for everyone.

20. Eminence1963

I hear that!
    [​IMG]