1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Should I trade for this?

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by betamax, Dec 3, 2018.

1. betamax

betamax Active Member

Having both a Sx-950 and SA-9100, neither really impressed me. Posting in a pioneer forum will probably get a biased answer, but I have the chance to trade a McIntosh MA-6100 for a Pioneer SX-1010. Good idea?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ivandezande

ivandezande Super Member

If the 950 doesn't impress you I wouldn't make that trade because the 1010 won't any more. The 950 probably needs a restore to impress.

RedSquare likes this.
  3. KeithD

KeithD AK Subscriber Subscriber

Not heard an SX-1010, but the SA-9100 overlaps with the 1010 as to when it was produced, so, I would expect similar sound. The x50 series is said to be more "neutral" than the earlier Pioneers, which are often described as being more "warm."

4. peerson

peerson Well-Known Member

I have an SX1010. It is the receiver that started the "Receiver Wars" of the '70's with 100 wpc. It is my favorite receiver and I will keep it forever. It has a very nice "Warm" sound and plenty of power for any of the speakers that I own. Most people that have them like them alot. I suggest that you give it a try. You might like it too.

5. MadeMine

MadeMine Active Member

Keep the McIntosh MA-6100 and buy the SX-1010. Keep the SX-950 and SA-9100. Having different setups in different rooms is a great idea.