Should the U.S. dump the Penny?

Should the U.S. dump the penny?

• Yes

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters
In canada canadian tire money has more value than our currency,lol.
That money is fine by me. Unless you're the guy standing in line behind that guy that is trading in his "Detroit Roll" of Crappy Tire money, and the cashier has to count out a pile of paper "nickles" and "dimes", with a few 50 cent and dollar ones in the mix.:rflmao:

My only problem with getting rid of the penny is the price of everything automatically being rounded up to the nearest $0.05. If it was rounded down instead, you can bet that every single store out there would want to keep the penny forever. Doesn't matter if the consumer is the one who has to pay more though, right?
Our new Goodwill is so weird. Clothing is a nice even number. Electronics are a different ballgame. Something might be $3.41 or $10.72. They also don't charge tax.
What are you supposed to stick in the fuse box if they get rid of the penny? :idea:
Well, a bullet of course!

Long past time to get rid of the penny. Get rid of the nickel too. Both are only useful to be tossed into my coin jar, for yearly reimbursement at the nearest Coinstar machine (at 10% loss to me!).

Here ya go...

https://www.google.com/search?q=coi...7OrWAhWphVQKHV0zAh8Q_AUICygC&biw=1024&bih=639

I started emptying my pocket when I get home from work. A $5/$6 coin stacker set, some free paper rolls from a bank, Bob's your uncle!

I also save all the one dollar bills 'til the stack gets pretty high and then trade that in. Sometimes that gets to be enough to seek out some more audio goodies! ;) :)

(BTW, the dollar bill idea is from Dave Ramsey. Look him up.)

Back
Top Bottom