Shout out to USPS

whoaru99

Epic Member
Ordered an item on Saturday, July 22nd with the "free" shipping option from the seller. Arrival estimate of July 26th - 28th seemed par for free shipping item ordered on Saturday.

Much to my surprise I received a "Delivered" notification just before Noon on Monday, the 24th. I was even more surprised when I checked the mail and front steps and found nothing. Figured maybe it would show up later that day or I'd get a call from neighbor etc. saying they got the package.

Well, this AM I got antsy so called the Post Office. They dug into it right way, found the package with some folks a few houses down, and redelivered it to the correct address.

They screwed it up first pass, true; but they got it sorted out quickly with just one simple phone call. And, still beat the delivery estimate despite the screw up. Thanks USPS!!!

You should be thanking God not the postal service. Just like in my neighborhood, sounds like you have poor carriers.

That's a sinking feeling to see 'delivered' on the tracking page but no package on your porch. In my neighborhood the fools like to scan them as 'delivered' when they leave the post office at 8am but they don't actually deliver it until 6 hours later!

You should be thanking God not the postal service. Just like in my neighborhood, sounds like you have poor carriers.
God has nothing to do with it
Thanks Whoaru, for giving credit where credit is due. Not many say "good job"... You Rock :rockon:

Quite the contrary, I think they're quite good. I've received packages at that address for probably 15 years, maybe more. I don't recall any previous screwups and I order/receive quite a bit of stuff.

Edit: Actually, I do recall one previous screwup. I got a letter for the house across the street stuck in a bundle of my mail. Since I know them I just brought it over and stuck it back in their mailbox.

Yes 'half empty glass', that describes my mail carriers pretty well. I usually refer to them as animals though.

God has nothing to do with it
Thanks Whoaru, for giving credit where credit is due. Not many say "good job"... You Rock :rockon:

I try to be reasonable about stuff. Some times I'm more successful than other times. LOL.

Heck, I was pretty impressed an order placed on Saturday to an outfit in Indiana even made it to my small town Minnesota by Monday morning...with the free shipping option, even. But, now I'm just repeating myself.

USPS has stepped up their game big time. I stopped using Fedex when they changed to dimensional charging. USPS does not have dimension up charge up to package size limit. Tracking works well. There is not a lot of difference in delivery time between Parcel and Priority. To the East Coast Parcel is sometimes faster than Fedex Ground.

Another good deed by USPS; beat the original date by a day (yes, this is a different package than previously mentioned). Gives me extra time to install the new toy rather than last minute before heading to the lake.

Tried a 4-blade composite prop some years back and liked the feel over the 3-blade standard prop. So, figured I'd give Mercury's SpitFire (aluminum) a try.

20170727_131223.jpg

And the quality and detail in USPS delivery comments are very helpful. On my last problem shipment, USPS tracking indicated an individual received my package. Concerned customer became a lot more understanding and figured out who was holding his item. Despite not being able to enjoy his item for almost a month, the customer ended up giving me positive feedback. Good job USPS!

Last edited:
I opened my ebay account in March of 2014, and have had over 3800 sales. 99% of them go USPS, and I think in all of them, only one package remained undelivered. I have also had a few insurance claims on more expensive items, and they have paid without question.

Can't beat that.

I've shipped over 500 packages with USPS, some amps that were 40+ lbs., never a single damage claim/issue. I try to pack well, but I've never had any issues with package abuse.

I live just north of Atlanta, I sold an eBay item at 9:00 AM, packed and shipped and delivered to PO by 10:30 AM, delivered in S. Florida the next day! I had paid for Priority 2-3 day.
I have no beefs with the USPS.

USPS has its faults, but when one considers what they have to do and, more important, the (insufficient) resources they have with which to perform their tasks, it is commendable that the mail gets delivered at all.

Many moons ago, I worked for the USPS as a mere "casual worker" but learned to respect what happens behind the counter. Many would be amazed at what goes on to deliver mail—mail that often is incorrectly or poorly addressed and/or packaged.

Thanks to the OP for giving a shout-out to the USPS. Yes, they screw up (and in my neighborhood, this happens monumentally from time to time), but on the whole the USPS does a very good job. In comparison to some other countries where I have lived (I am looking at you, France), they are excellent.

Here's a funky story, with Kudos given to my local post master.

About 10 months ago, I received a delivery notice email on a small $5 item. It was not on my porch, or in my mail box. I didn't have time to deal with it until two days later. I went to the post office and told the clerk at the window. Three days went by, and I hadn't heard anything. I went back to the post office, and this time, the Post Master was at the window. I told him my story, and he said he hadn't heard anything about it, and that he would check into it.

The next day, on day 6, I get a knock on my front door. It's the Post Master and he has my package. He tells me the whole story while laughing. The "new girl" had delivered my package to 6__ West Piankashaw Street. I live at 4__ East Osage Street. The Post Master had gone to 6__ West Piankashaw, and sure enough, they still had my package. They were "going to take it the post office, but hadn't got around to it". The Post Master went from their house directly to mine.

It's weird that the mail carrier could have made that mistake to begin with. But how on earth could anyone remember, six days later, the exact wrong address they had taken it to ?

Bizarre.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom