Show me your CABLES!! Please...

If you run a small bead of hot melt glue around the tech flex and smooth with a wet finger, then a piece of heat shrink over it will give you a very good bond.

I forgot the make of my speaker cables but I get a kick out of the wording on them... "Space and Time"...lol Bob

20180217_095242_resized.jpg

How is TechFlex to work with? I want to do it on my next interconnects, with heat-shrink tubing "sealing" the ends. The few recent cables I have with some similar sleeving have it nice and snug on the cable, and I would like to emulate that.

Here is a quick pictorial of how I do my ends with tech flex. 3/4" is a good length for my rca's which is the width of electric tape. Run a bead at the bottom of tape smooth with a wet finger so the glue does no stick to you. And a little piece of heat shrink and your good to go. On shielded wire a soldering iron quickly burns the tech flex but in this case it was clipped even. Hope this is useful to you.

Attachments

• DSCI0153.JPG
    DSCI0153.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCI0154.JPG
    DSCI0154.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCI0155.JPG
    DSCI0155.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Wow, exciting things ahead for you, very cool! Yes, the Decware cables look very good. Thanks for the update. With the success I've had with the Cullen Avius power cord and Nitin Coax cable, I'm considering adding the Crossover ll series power cord and the Crossover Series speaker cable.

I'm currently using WireWorld Oasis 7 speaker cable. I'm very curious to hear what a full set of Cullen Cable will do in my system.

Cheers,

Scott

Hey there, I just noticed this post in which you mention your Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cables, I've got them too. Looks like you've rotated them out of your system, and your quest is similar to mine.

I have Morrow rca interconnects which are silver plated, and two power cables, a PS audio AC5(new Adcom amplifier, 555SE), and Pangea 14SE MkII for the cd player. The Schiit Bifrost and Parasound P5 preamp still have the stock power cables. I have new respect for the Oasis 7. My speakers are Totem Rainmakers, though they share duties with the Ascend Sierra 2.

Recently, my system just went to the next level soundwise, all on its own. Airy articulate highs I've never experienced, space and detail in everything else with a soundstage that is beyond the speakers. And it wouldn't be happening if the Oasis 7 couldn't reproduce it, in my opinion. It happened after I stopped swapping cables around(I have other speaker cables and IC's that I'd rotate in frequently), and left things alone for 2 weeks. Anyway, I am trying to decide on a power cable for the preamp, either another PS audio AC5 or Audioquest NRG-4. I really dig solid core based cables, the AC5 is probably overkill for the pre but it's exciting to know that it'll get even better than this!

That said, I do wonder what upgrading the Oasis 7 would do. If I go there, it would be later in the year.

Those Wireworld speaker cables do look like an interesting concept. Aside from the sound, I find it interesting to see how each manufacturer designs their cables--the layout of the wires, the materials used, connectors, etc. It makes for some challenging comparison shopping. I'm sitting tight on the speaker cables until I decide on a proper room layout, as it could eventually include monoblocks placed near the speakers vs. in the audio rack 10-15 ft. away. I'll settle for "pretty darned good" wiring right now, and save for the better cables once we move into a place where I know I can permanently set up a system and treat the room properly.

Hey runnin', you're in a very good place with your system sounding so good. Letting your cables settle for a couple weeks definitely helped I'm sure.

I think you're on the right track in getting power cables for your P5 and Bifrost. The power cable I put on my streamer really improved the sound of my system. The WireWorld Oasis speaker cable is excellent. I put them in our other system. I'd stick with them until you have your power cables all settled.

The PS Audio cables were on my "shortlist". That AC5 looks sweet. I went with Cullen Cable; their Crossover ll power cable. Cullen actually made cables for PS Audio at one time.

Keep us posted on your cable journey.

Cheers,

Scott
Hey there, I just noticed this post in which you mention your Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cables, I've got them too. Looks like you've rotated them out of your system, and your quest is similar to mine.

I have Morrow rca interconnects which are silver plated, and two power cables, a PS audio AC5(new Adcom amplifier, 555SE), and Pangea 14SE MkII for the cd player. The Schiit Bifrost and Parasound P5 preamp still have the stock power cables. I have new respect for the Oasis 7. My speakers are Totem Rainmakers, though they share duties with the Ascend Sierra 2.

Recently, my system just went to the next level soundwise, all on its own. Airy articulate highs I've never experienced, space and detail in everything else with a soundstage that is beyond the speakers. And it wouldn't be happening if the Oasis 7 couldn't reproduce it, in my opinion. It happened after I stopped swapping cables around(I have other speaker cables and IC's that I'd rotate in frequently), and left things alone for 2 weeks. Anyway, I am trying to decide on a power cable for the preamp, either another PS audio AC5 or Audioquest NRG-4. I really dig solid core based cables, the AC5 is probably overkill for the pre but it's exciting to know that it'll get even better than this!

That said, I do wonder what upgrading the Oasis 7 would do. If I go there, it would be later in the year.

Hey, gentlemen, wanted to post a quick update. I'm two weeks in with the new power cord, digital coax and speaker cable. They've had over 200 hours of music through them.

The Cullen Cable Crossover ll power cable, Crossover speaker cable and Nitin digital coax work beautifully in my system. I was a bit concerned about changing everything over; my worry was unwarranted. My system with the Cullen cables has a balance and coherence that I have not heard before.

You know how we all have in our heads how are system should sound. Well, that's what I hear now. It just sounds right. I know that sounds vague but if I try to put it into words I'll just end up rambling. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

Stay vigilant with your cable journey. It will pay off.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks Samac, good to hear. I'm waitng for an Audioquest USB cable for my phone to DAC connection, as well as a power cable. Looking forward to the results!

There have been a couple of changes in my cables since I last posted.
Better Cables Silver Serpent ICs, and Kimber Kables 8TCs have replaced the Furez ICs and DIY speaker cables.KIMG1159.jpgKIMG1161.jpg KIMG1162.jpg

I was taking another look at Cullen Cable, on their website there doesn’t seem to be a way to purchase, am I missing something?

Yeah, what he said. He will answer any and all questions promptly and politely. He ships when he says he will and the product is sound. Pun intended :)

I've shown some of the cables I have made so I figured I may as well show them all hooked up in my stereo. The only one I did not make is the shorty on the headphone amplifier that is a future cable to make.

Attachments

• DSCI0165.JPG
    DSCI0165.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCI0163.JPG
    DSCI0163.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCI0162.JPG
    DSCI0162.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 105
I've shown some of the cables I have made so I figured I may as well show them all hooked up in my stereo. The only one I did not make is the shorty on the headphone amplifier that is a future cable to make.
Damn... The cabling in some showrooms doesn't look that good. Excellent job, Tim64!

Damn... The cabling in some showrooms doesn't look that good. Excellent job, Tim64!
Thank You, I enjoy experimenting with different designs and this type of cable as shown seems to have the best balance in sound. They are unshielded but RF has not been a issue so far.

Back
Top Bottom