Show Me Your Sansui Sticky!

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by onepixel, Jul 18, 2007.

1. aileenamegan

aileenamegan Super Member

But you know - a depression is always followed by a high. After the 919 has been rebuilt...:bigok:

2. cobascis

cobascis AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. dartholds442

dartholds442 New Member

Pepa, chevelosm, MATT0404 and 2 others like this.
  4. reggae2000x

reggae2000x New Member

Hoping for better shelving one day :D

Attached Files:

Pepa and MATT0404 like this.
  5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead The Village Idiot Subscriber

Here's my 500a. I had it connected to my Salk Song Towers for most of the day today. It sounds just like the one I bought as an 18yo in 1965 in Yokuska Japan at the Naval Exchange. I should never have sold it. Very clean sound from the lowest to the highest notes. This pic was taken a few years ago during a restore by an AK member. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Cosmetics are decent and the sound is way more than decent! Next purchase will be a pair of AR2ax speakers - that will approximate the setup I had in the mid-late 60's. But I'm not going looking for the Garrard tt I had. That was a POS. The Marantz works just fine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    unkqty, Sunny61, dartholds442 and 6 others like this.
  6. aileenamegan

Would be nice to get some pics in "action". Beautiful unit!

BLAH BLAH likes this.
  7. zznats

zznats New Member

Ok, so i may have just hit the biggest home run of my vintage audio life. So After searching on Letgo, I came across a posting for a Sansui stereo, in good condition, an Akai reel to reel, a small set of Bose speakers and several albums for sale. The seller was in the process of moving into a new home and was busy with the move, and I had a preplanned trip to west Texas and was hoping that she just wouldn't sell the items from underneath me. Well, long story short, when I got there, my jaw hit the floor when he opened his garage door, and there on top of a slew of boxes sits a G22000. I'll admit that i didn't even know what it really was, all that i knew was that it was huge and heavy, and at the price that he was selling it for, I didn't even question whether or not it worked or not, i just saw that this unit was in excellent condition and i knew that even if it didn't work, I would be able to have it repaired. I quickly looked up the model number and my blood pressure probably went through the roof when i did a quick search for it. I was giddy on the trip back, and couldn't wait to get home to see if it worked.
    Of course, it was in protect mode, so I immediately took it in to be repaired at Fort Worth Audio. Otis ended up doing the repair work and was super nice and went to the extra mile to clean her up and replaced 32 caps, disassembled the amplifier unit and removed and cleaned the output relays and speaker relays, adjusted the bias on the amp. He repaired the umbilical cord as it had broken off the back as well.
    I was expecting a better sound than that of the old Kenwood 125 watt amp that i had purchased back in the mid eighties but I was completely blown away by the sheer power and clarity of this unit. Deeper bass, higher highs, more "umph" all the way around. I couldn't be any happier with my purchase and have literally come home every night since and listened to music pretty much non-stop.

8. zznats

zznats New Member

Here's a larger pic of her

Attached Files:

9. aileenamegan

Wow - that's a pretty nice score. Congratulations! Once in a lifetime...

BLAH BLAH likes this.
  10. MATT0404

MATT0404 AK Subscriber Subscriber

chevelosm, Hyperion, Sunny61 and 6 others like this.
  11. Pepa

Pepa Well-Known Member

12. JOMARK911

JOMARK911 Super Member

All the beautyness , well almost of SANSUI world. Where's the G22000?

Pepa and Ronald.C like this.
  13. JOMARK911

JOMARK911 Super Member

Enjoy your gear Rob while you can. Time flies by and we only getting older , and wiser of course.

Pepa likes this.
  14. unkqty

unkqty Certified Gear Hoarder Subscriber

15. ahartig

ahartig AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just cleaned up faceplate and knobs on my 9090db. Wood case up next. These units are beautiful.

IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0254.JPG IMG_0253.JPG

16. MER71

MER71 Well-Known Member

Sansui 4000 in very nice condition. Just connected her to my KHL model 5's. Unbelievable. Maybe I am crazy, but this is up there with the Eight Deluxe.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Pepa likes this.
  17. zznats

zznats New Member

yeah i couldn't believe it... and just to think that i was all upset about missing out on an AU717, the seller sold it out from underneath me as i was driving to his home. I was so upset but funny the way karma works, had i purchased the AU717, I may not have been looking anymore. I guess it all works out in the end.

18. aileenamegan

@MER71

A better picture would be nice. Preferably with lights on...

19. zznats

zznats New Member

20170326_083716.jpg 20170326_083619.jpg 20170326_083635.jpg

Attached Files:

rxonmymind, Pepa and aileenamegan like this.
  20. aileenamegan

To both of you: Thanks a lot!!

I have also two 4000 - but both have blown power amps - no economical restoration possible...

The G22000 is wonderful, really wonderful.