Show Me Your Sansui Sticky!

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by onepixel, Jul 18, 2007.

1. chevelosm

chevelosm Khosaku Kikuchi's Grandson

Bella 1971 AU-999 with rare C17 timber case
    Switch buttons taken off from shipping.
    IMAG0069.jpg IMAG0070_1.jpg IMAG0066_1.jpg 1492615988771_1.jpg

2. Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow Active Member

Hello congrats on your Sansui 7000. I have one also that I received for free as my neighbor was going to throw it out. I had it serviced by a tech locally and it worked for 6 glorious months before the left channel went. A great sounding reciever. I am going to have a full restoration done on it next year or so.

image.jpeg

3. rxonmymind

rxonmymind AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hello Sansui fans.
    Had an interesting
    Congrats!! Your story would have been my exact reaction. It's BIG, heavy and...BIG so it HAS to be good. Sold!
    Lol. I had an interesting moment with my wife just now. I showed her the pic of a Marantz 2600 on top of a G-33000 and she said "Do you need something that big". Notice she didn't say "No or preempt my thoughts of getting one and shooting it down. Hmmm...have to tread softly here. She didn't say no.... hopefully I can be as lucky as you!
    Enjoy the system man!

Bahamayellow likes this.
  4. chevelosm

AU-517. Really like this little bugger. For their value, very hard to be beaten.
    IMAG00831.jpg IMAG00861.jpg

Burner likes this.
  5. zznats

zznats New Member

So, I completely understand, when i first purchased it, my wife wouldn't allow anything like that in her living room, but when she saw how excited I was about it, she actually asked me if i would like to put it in the living room, (after picking up my jaw from the floor) her only other condition was that i just couldn't put any big, ugly speakers up. Ha.. we found a happy medium, a nice pair, seldom used set of 901's, small not unattractive, and can handle lots of power. They actually sound fantastic with this rig, and i'm very surprised and happy with the sound. Lots of bass even at minimal volume levels!

6. chevelosm

Bose :boring:

Congrats on the 33k. One large monster of a receiver, work of art.

BLAH BLAH likes this.
  7. onepixel

onepixel .

Repost, just because. Make sure to click on it.

[​IMG]

8. zznats

zznats New Member

it's all about what works for that room... i sold a pair of KEF 105.3's and a set of JBL L-7s because they sounded awful in that same room so if the 901s are boring, then the KEFs and JBLs are absolutely abysmal because the 901s sound so much better in that space. That and much smaller where the wife will allow = works for me...

BLAH BLAH likes this.
  9. JSanford

JSanford New Member

1971 5000X with the good F-6013 amp driver boards.
    SP-2500 speakers.

IMG_3501.jpg

montrecott, Deubi, bluesky and 2 others like this.
  10. StereoJojo

StereoJojo New Member

Got GX-150 rack today

Attached Files:

BLAH BLAH and Bahamayellow like this.
  11. SansuiJavier

SansuiJavier Member

New find, AU 719. Unfortunately the adhesive tape has damaged the box. Inside I find a dusty and rather dirty treasure.:bowdown:
    IMG_20170526_171918.jpg IMG_20170526_172905.jpg
    Sansui original cables !!
    IMG_20170526_172958.jpg
    This jewel wants to be perfect again. Still sounds wonderful.:banana:

IMG_20170526_201620.jpg
    :music:

Jnevill, montrecott, AUD101 and 4 others like this.
  12. jatkofon

jatkofon New Member

It is definitely worth keeping & getting the M7 brother - you would have nice little collection! They are hard to find and they sound surprisingly nice. Congratulations!!!!

13. onepixel

onepixel .

Here is an old pic of my SR-737. Wish I would've saved a larger photo.

[​IMG]

14. dbohn

dbohn New Member

15. red71rum

red71rum Active Member

Here is my new to me Sansui G9000. I have to work on cleaning it.

. DSC_9613-2.JPG

16. Knucklehead

Knucklehead The Village Idiot Subscriber

You mean something like in these pics? I found the AR-2ax speakers too! Local at that! A major feat IMO. I live in the high desert of eastern Washington state. Not much around here but 7500 other people and rattle snakes. We have a lot of farming too. I about fell over when I saw the ARs in a second hand store. The badges were gone but the grilles are almost perfect and nobody had been inside either speaker since they came off the assembly line back in the late 60s. There are a couple of deep scratches in the cabinets but they'll stay there. All but one deep scratch is on the bottom side. I'd have these oriented properly if I had the room but they sound great either way IMO. The second shot is what I've been using to drive them until I can find a good preamp. It's a Bob Latino ST-120 amp with 6550 driver tubes producing 60wpc. The room setup is temp until I can clear out a bunch of computer and audio crap. I'll treat the room and put one chair dead center - probably where they'll find me when I check out!

DSCN1995.jpg

DSCN1992.jpg

montrecott, johnny.G and BLAH BLAH like this.
  17. BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH AK Subscriber Subscriber

Knucklehead likes this.
  18. Kosh

Kosh Active Member

Got a week ago this AU-G55X.while it's not in same league of the classic "AU" Sansui amps,it still a nice amp,lots of line level inputs and MM/MC phono and those VFD VU meters looks good!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    BLAH BLAH likes this.
  19. SansuiSurfer

SansuiSurfer Member

image.jpeg :rockon:My Sansui Stacked Rack, all stock and ready to rock. :rockon:

chevelosm, Deubi, bluesky and 2 others like this.
  20. Kosh

Kosh Active Member

Got this Little BPC Sansui beast - A-1200R,it's ugly plastic box,but the the insides are better- large toroid transformer and two pretty large Nichicon filter caps.the left powe meter is flaky,because bad IC that drives the meters.this little/big ugly box sounds much better that it looks-it sounds clean and pretty "bright" with tight bass.

Attached Files: