Show Me Your Sansui Sticky!

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by onepixel, Jul 18, 2007.

1. lbcgav

lbcgav AK Subscriber Subscriber

IMG_2310.JPG Just got this TU-717 off of eBay for a very reasonable price. It's in near mint condition. I took a risk with a new eBay user.

bolero, JamVal, Hyperion and 5 others like this.
  2. SansuiJavier

SansuiJavier New Member

After a year looking for one, I have the CD X701i. The sound is perfect, incredible for a machine almost 30 years old:music: IMG_20170829_195933[1402].jpg

Bruins, bolero, JamVal and 6 others like this.
  3. hmj

hmj New Member

Greetings all! My first contribution to Exclusively Sansui :) . These are my SP100 loudspeakers. I bought them recently as I love large paper cone'd woofer exponents. And to be honest missed a pair of Tannoy Chesters I sold several years ago. Not any more. I have owned some serious (and budget) kit over the years and have to say I love these, one of the most detailed speakers I have heard and smooth with it. I thought they were bass-less at first, before realising it is there but the characteristic bass reflex boom or peak isn't there like many are tuned to exhibit these days. My music is predominantly Jazz, which must be the answer as they excel on the genre to my ears.

Attached Files:

bolero, Hyperion and BLAH BLAH like this.
  4. Justcuz

Justcuz New Member

0915171411.jpg My new toy..Qrx5500a.Amazing music machine.The sound far exceeds any expectations I had..Now I have it playing a pair of sp x7700 and a pair of s71u..Go easy on me but I like it thru bose 301 series2 also..Sansui makes bose sound good..Oh yeah everything sounds better hooked up to sansui.

bolero and BLAH BLAH like this.
  5. RobertDL

RobertDL New Member

Those 3 are my collection. Sansui au 317 come yesterday, sound ok, but I think will need some parts changed, inside a lot of dust and dirt

Attached Files:

bolero, BLAH BLAH and Justcuz like this.
  6. bolero

bolero Well-Known Member

crappy phone pic alert....

but I am chuffed to finally have these 3 Sansui's:

Eight
    AU-999
    8080DB

they all need work: I plan on restoring them over the winter.

I can't wait to hear them, once they are refreshed etc

[​IMG]

Justcuz, chevelosm and BLAH BLAH like this.
  7. jeromach

jeromach With sufficient thrust, ducks fly just fine

Great stuff!

bolero likes this.
  8. Spectrum17

Spectrum17 New Member

Picked this beauty up last week. G5000 . Not a monster in the power department, but oh my is she pretty g5000.JPG

bolero, BLAH BLAH, Justcuz and 3 others like this.
  9. Justcuz

Justcuz New Member

Quad crazy I guess..Qrx9001 to go with my 5500a.I love some sansui in my ears. 1009171955.jpg

bolero likes this.
  10. Cassidy77

Cassidy77 New Member

New Sansui owner here. I just picked up a CA/BA2000 set. I am still learning the amp but it's playing and it was free so I can not complain

Attached Files:

BLAH BLAH, Justcuz and bolero like this.
  11. mroboto

mroboto Super Member

The BA-2000 need space for air moving and cooling, otherwise it may overheat and go on protection mode, except if the bias have been adjusted very low.

12. Cassidy77

Cassidy77 New Member

Thanks, will do. I plugged it in to see if it worked. I'll move it to the top for better air flow.

bolero likes this.
  13. bolero

bolero Well-Known Member

I started keeping my tuner under the amplifier too, so the amp is unimpeded. still kinda looks weird to me, but makes more sense