Show Me Your Sansui Sticky!

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by onepixel, Jul 18, 2007.

1. SansuiJavier

SansuiJavier Member

: eek2: How can someone treat this beauty like this? Fortunately, he is now in good hands :banana:

Hyperion likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Pilgrims

Pilgrims New Member

I have very well known pieces:
    TU 9900 (voice like silk)
    TU 7900 (the first in my life)
    TU 919 (coming soon; I will be able to compare it vs TU 9900 after years)
    AU D9 (delicate)
    AU X911DG (clan, powerful and fast).

3. Airjmax

Airjmax New Member

Just acquired this gem. I like the design simplicity of the Model 400. I hope I can find a replacement knob. The metal caps on the knobs apparently have a tendency to fall off. I think it’s the first receiver I’ve had that has a glass tuning dial.
    1E59DA6C-2747-4AAD-BD3B-1609969C5E1B.jpeg

4. komhst

komhst Active Member

Where are the photos?

5. Overundr1

Overundr1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Had the opportunity to check over a few Sansui pieces for a fellow AK member who wanted to sell them, they were so nice I had to add them to my own rack in the shop :)

shop022518.jpg
    Everything runs through the CA3000 feeding the BA2000 and AU9900A into JBL4311's front and HPM100's rear while the AU717 is fed from one of the tape outs driving EV Aristocrats.
    Out of sight next two levels down are my G9000 and SX1980, both just rack queens for now.
    After all lets not be greedy :)
    -Lee

Airjmax, richardpp, komhst and 4 others like this.
  6. mroboto

mroboto Super Member

Your power LED on the AU-9900A is red instead of green, can means three things, or the unit is turned into protection, or the LED is installed backward, or you taked picture in less than 5 seconds after turning it on.

7. Overundr1

Nope its yellowgreen need to make a small adjustment in one of the reaistors too lazy to dig it out.
    And yes initial is red

8. John Stewart

John Stewart New Member

Sansui AU717 needs 2SA750 & 2SC1400
    Looking for a source of these parts. Bought the amp & matching TU717 Tuner 40 yrs ago. Its been in my office the whole time, looks new.
    But some of the semis are hard to find. THX Sansui TU-717 & AU-717.jpg

9. OttOpixel

OttOpixel AK Member Subscriber

AU/TU 9500.

BKTHEKING restored the AU 9500. TU is stock

B&O TT with a Soundsmith MMC2

Speakers SVS MTS 01

AU9500.jpg

bluesky, BLAH BLAH, Overundr1 and 2 others like this.

10. kdenn011

kdenn011 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nice pieces there

BLAH BLAH likes this.
  11. joebor1776

joebor1776 New Member

Bought this Sansui FR-3060 turntable a couple days ago locally. Works and sounds great but the tonearm auto start function doesn't work. Not a huge issue, but I'd like to eventually figure out how to fix it. Right now I have an AT11E cartridge on it, might want to replace it soon, dunno. If anyone has any tips for me about this table, please let me know. Thanks.
    IMG_20180313_214934197.jpg

12. Airjmax

Airjmax New Member

Mine exhibited almost the same behavior. It had been unused for many years. The belt had disintegrated completely, and some of the remnants of it were clogging the mechanism. The real fix was oiling the table. The operation is very smooth and accurate now. Just take off the platter, and you will see two plastic tubes that are for oiling the unit. I used Three-in-One household oil. Maybe 3-4 drops, then run it for a bit.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  13. joebor1776

joebor1776 New Member

Thanks! I'm glad to hear from someone else that has this turntable. What cartridge/stylus are you using in it? I did put a few drops of oil in those tubes last night. But I'm not sure if the tubes are clogged or not. I had the whole thing apart because I had to replace the RCA cable and power cable. I wish I'd gone a step further and dug into the mechanism that controls the tonearm cueing. But I'd just be shooting in the dark anyway :). Thanks for the reply.

BLAH BLAH likes this.
  14. Airjmax

Airjmax New Member

I am running the original Sansui cartridge and stylus. I looked at it under magnification, and it didn’t seem to be worn at all. Sounds great too. Thankfully, I didn’t have any of the issues with RCA cables, etc. Best of luck with your table. Good find! I really like mine. 52CAAC25-B117-4173-96CB-62C30AF9EFD1.jpeg

malvo, BLAH BLAH and joebor1776 like this.
  15. no17

no17 AK Subscriber Subscriber

At last I found them and bought them
    BA 3000
    CA 3000
    TU 9900
    TU 7700
    SR 5090
    SC 5110
    SC 3110
    SDV 550r cd player
    SS20
    plus two vintage sansui record cleaners unboxed
    I will give them for restoration

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      68.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      73.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      27 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      25.2 KB
      Views:
  16. Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow Well-Known Member

A little bit of the old and new playing here in the bedroom system today. G-4500 100$, 20$ Sony CD player , Monitor audio BX1 used 140$. Great sounding you don’t have to spend much to get great sound. Maybe downsize to something like this in the future still looking for a G-8000 one day I’m in love with that receiver for some reason.

EF2A7D31-E578-42B9-8494-B839E5E08867.jpeg 0FB328CA-48DD-4A31-9181-C46F57E423C7.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    BLAH BLAH likes this.
  17. flounderman

flounderman New Member

I have a few Sansui pieces hanging around for years waiting to get in the game but "Coach" won't put me in.
    Maybe time for the open market???

G-5500
    Tu-717
    Au-717
    Au-7900

Attached Files:

no17, Overundr1 and komhst like this.

18. Overundr1

Finally finished my Sansui rack system yesterday, took over ten years to find all the components.Top to bottom PL-71 turntable, TU-717, AU-919, SE-7, SC3110 in a GX-5 rack playing through HPM 100's (although I do have a set of mint Yamaha NS590's inbound in the next couple of weeks). Every piece functions flawlessly after many hours of rework (black flag caps, belts etc etc). Special shout out to RMacy for having a set of those impossible to find 10cm rack handles for the SE-7 which completed the puzzle, thank you sir :)
    -Lee
    m_gx5done.jpg

rimtap, BLAH BLAH, Sutherland and 6 others like this.
  19. stereofun

stereofun Super Member

My setup:
    Oppo BD-105BD, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, Rega Planar 1, Sansui AU-999 (modded like there was no tomorrow)

[​IMG]

1koolcat, Skylab, Overundr1 and 3 others like this.
  20. JoseHH

JoseHH Member

Hello John,
    Wonderful pair of amplifier and tuner.
    For the 2sC1400 you may use the KSC1845 and for the 2SA750 you may use the KSA992. The old parts not only are hard to find but also you may get fakes. Please be aware of this.
    Jose