Show Me Your Sansui Sticky!

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by onepixel, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mr.White

Mr.White Super Member

I have shown my 2000X before. This morning I purchased a kit to transfer videotape to my computer. Soon I will be showing y'all a rare 1978 Sansui TV ad featuring The Nightbird Alison Steele. Stay tuned!

jobrewer1983 and BLAH BLAH like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH AK Subscriber Subscriber

3. jobrewer1983

jobrewer1983 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hey @onepixel

How you been? I’ve only the one sansui in the mix.

Sansui Eight (non delux)
    2CAE5A0E-2291-4593-9314-E3AD0BD71F66.jpeg E04C6C1E-C7B7-4693-8005-102C93E57791.jpeg

I just shipped it out yesterday for a full recap/rebuild. I’ve got all the new stickers as well. The body is in great cond., it should be a good looking unit once I get it back. :) it’s in good hands and I’m excited to get worked on. It’s being done by a fellow member who’s got some prolific skills. I’m beyond excited lol

4. freakdaddy25

freakdaddy25 New Member

I have a 1963 Model 500. The good thing is it looks like it has never been touched.
    Bad news is it looks like it has never been touched. More than a few have told me DO NOT power it up, because of all the oil/paper caps are probably dried out and will mess it up. So for now it is just for looking at. I have to find a place that will service, and replace all those old caps.
    Oh, and I know one tube is missing from it(I was having the tubes tested when I took the picture)

IMG_1381.JPG IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1543.JPG IMG_1545.JPG IMG_1551.JPG

5. kray

kray HE>i Subscriber

Added a new Sansui to my collection.

AU-555A

11BCBA6F-623C-49FE-A41E-4E2F99DC0B07.jpeg

montrecott, RobertCO, Airjmax and 3 others like this.
  6. onepixel

onepixel .

Hey jobrewer, I'm good. Thanks for asking. The Sansui Eight is a nice one.

I'm not so much into audio gear these days. Still listening to music and I'm having fun with photography.

Aloha!

BLAH BLAH and jobrewer1983 like this.

7. jobrewer1983

yea we noticed you have not been in the music thread to often, the gear is one thing, but Music must not go away :)

My gal is into photography, her degree is actually in art/film/media and political science... I know right LOL where did the PolSci come from... She wanted to have a double major. Any who, 10+ years ago when she was finishing up school, I can remember helping her with some project, one being working with actual 35mm and 8mm film. Had lot of fun learning, I was the mule, you know helping with set up... but I had fun. We shot a few 8mm films and some 35mm but that got expensive real quick. I know she has a strong love for it, she recently mentioned she wanted to get a new camera. I think I'm going to get her something nice for her birthday in a few months, I just know I will be forking out some serious cash... fun stuff. :)

onepixel likes this.
  8. onepixel

onepixel .

Her two degrees don't sound so strange. Art/film/media can tell stories of the human condition and Political Science studies governance, political activities and thought. All things that affect the human condition.

Photography gear has taken a big leap in the past year with Full Sensor, Mirrorless cameras. Currently Sony has a big lead, while Nikon, Canon and others got on the bandwagon late and are playing catch up. A lot of people, including me switched to Sony.

I "forked out" or rather made a serious investment in the Sony camera and lenses. It's been well worth it. The performance outstrips most pro-level DSLRs. It's a serious tool. I'm having so much fun and I love what it can do. One reason why I'm not messing with audio. I'm geeking out on photography and it's gear.

The gear selection is vast and can be expensive. Other companies like Zeiss, Tamron, Lokia and others are making quality and or inexpensive lenses for video and stills.
    I started a thread if you're interested.
    http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sony-alpha.852043/#post-12318220

jobrewer1983 likes this.
  9. jobrewer1983

Just checked out the thread, I will be picking your mind in a few months. If you don't mind. :)

She has a few Nikon's D and F series... I cant remember the lines she has but yea, she said the same as you. new camera technology is on the up and up right now. Shes always stayed up on camera tech, I can remember 10 or so years ago I pick up an ELF for her, just for on the go, it was the top of the line at the time and she wanted a small digital camera. It did take good pix, but I can remember her showing me the difference in quality when she did a few side by sides with her "real" cameras. Big diff. I know she is not wanting a standard digital cam.. so I know im in for a good run lol and she has been talking about it for the past 6-7months.. LOL

BLAH BLAH and onepixel like this.
  10. Bumpalump

Bumpalump Member

Sansui AU-Alpha 907MR
    perfectly adjusted sound just amazing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Bumpalump

Bumpalump Member

And some other Sansui's which i have serviced
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. pete_mac

pete_mac Super Member

Lovely amps Bumpalump - some of Sansui's finest right there!

Hyperion, skippy124 and BLAH BLAH like this.
  13. dly66

dly66 Active Member

My 1970 2000A recapped it using mostly Silmics and did the Conrad Hoffman mods to it. It and my Sherwood S-7200 are lower power receivers in my collection but are probably the two most enjoyable to listen too.
    IMG_20180922_230605.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  14. dly66

dly66 Active Member

My cheap Ebay fix and repair unit that has been restored along with the service mods too (was still original). Nice sounding receiver. May top the 2000A and S-7200.

IMG_20190120_175717.jpg

3000A built June 1969.

Attached Files:

montrecott, BLAH BLAH, JamVal and 2 others like this.
  15. RobertCO

RobertCO AK Subscriber Subscriber

My office system with the new (to me) 9090 (Jan, 1974)

0126190059_2.jpg 0126190059e_2 (1).jpg

16. JAPANSTEREO

JAPANSTEREO New Member

Thanks to Skippy in Sydney Australia for the new volume pot transplant....loving this Amp from 1973/74 works a treat:rockon: sansui 2.jpg

17. RobertCO

RobertCO AK Subscriber Subscriber

PicsArt_01-31-11.31.22.jpg
    0129191052e.jpg
    Still trying to get this 9500 dialed in but I can't stop staring at it. As the gentleman that sold it to me said - "it's a work of art". I completely agree.

18. montrecott

montrecott Grits, gravy and groove Subscriber

A partially melted 45 adapter that had to removed from one of the resistors? :eek: Great job on bringing that back to life! I had its big brother, the 771, at one time. Very nice sounding receiver.

likebike23 likes this.
  19. montrecott

montrecott Grits, gravy and groove Subscriber

Sansui AU-4400. Rated at just 20wpc, it sounds bigger and better than it has any right to.

Sansui1.jpg Sansui2.jpg Sansui3.jpg Sansui4.jpg

guiller, komhst, Airjmax and 3 others like this.
  20. Airjmax

Airjmax AK Subscriber Subscriber

The most recent addition to my Sansui family - a Model Seven in great (but dirty) condition. This will join the rest of my collection, which includes:
    AU-555 Integrated Amplifier
    TU-555 Tuner
    221 Receiver
    771 Receiver
    1000x Receiver
    5000x Receiver
    SR-737 Turntable (not working)
    AS-100 Acoustic Suspension Speakers
    AS-200 Acoustic Suspension Speakers
    In case you couldn't tell, I kinda like Sansui stuff! Some before and after photos. I acquired this from the original owner, along with a nice pair of KLH Model 23 speakers. Heck of a nice guy, and he told me he sold the stuff to me ($150 for all) because a bunch of other guys were lowballing him and asking for videos to prove it worked. I took his word for it, and we made a deal right away. The only thing that needs work on the Model 7 is the tuning needle lamp. The KLHs will be recapped and the surrounds will be sealed, but the guy who sells the sealing compound is on vacation until March 20th! Does anybody know if there is another source besides the vintageAR auction site seller?
    IMG_3869.JPG IMG_3870.JPG fullsizeoutput_aba.jpeg fullsizeoutput_aaf.jpeg fullsizeoutput_ab8.jpeg