Show Me Your Speaker Stands, Please

Soundork

I am using my home office as my listening space and am having hard time finding speaker stands for the pair of Polk Audio TSx200 bookshelf (on the larger side) speakers.

At this point I have not completely decided if I just want to keep them off the ground or lift them up at a height that will not exceed 14 inches (about 35cm).

I am especially interested in creative DIY solutions, but would also like to see commercial products.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Bought these from Crutchfield like 25 years ago for a pair of Yamaha's. Got my NLA's on them now and to get the tweeters up to ear level I used some concrete pavers. They tilt back just slightly giving me perfect near field sound stage.

0A3CD126-3C02-4139-B548-EB0A09F413C5.JPG

Not diy but here's my foundation stands there about 16 inches. I have my mission's on them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 63
My HPM100 are on ikea kallax singles :D
vnmt6h.jpg

Those do not seem particularly large for a bookshelf to me. I would think you would want to get those about 24" off the ground for best effect. Something like kfalls posted above would probably work great.

I thought so until I read the owners manual for the HB1 which suggests close to the wall and away from any electronic/gear...lol Woops..
Proximity to wall will reinforce the bass, but I find providing clearance from nearby objects and racks is more important to good imaging if you can only do one. :)

Back
Top Bottom