Show me your workbench!

Redboy

a few good watts
Subscriber
Or the pile of junk that passes as one...

Here's my little hovel under the stairs. I'd say it's where the magic happens, but there ain't much magical about it right now! :no:

This is where a couple of hobbies meet and collide!

From the outside looking in:

index.php

A little closer:

index.php

On the inside:

index.php

Other stuff sharing this space - vintage camping stoves and lanterns and random crap:

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_7855.jpg
    IMG_7855.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 3,943
  • IMG_7857.jpg
    IMG_7857.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 3,877
  • IMG_7861.jpg
    IMG_7861.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 3,881
  • IMG_7864.jpg
    IMG_7864.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 4,043
Last edited:
Or the pile of junk that passes as one...

Here's my little hovel under the stairs. I'd say it's where the magic happens, but there ain't much magical about it right now! :no:

This is where a couple of hobbies meet and collide!

From the outside looking in:

attachment.php

A little closer:

attachment.php

On the inside:

attachment.php

Other stuff sharing this space - vintage camping stoves and lanterns and random crap:

attachment.php

Cool... this is where Dr. FrankenRedboy makes all that cool stuff. :)

Redboy do you rock climb?

Wow... cool stoves!

Redboy do you rock climb?

Wow... cool stoves!
No climbing since my daughter was born. So much less free time, and that was one of the things that had to give... The stoves are about the only other thing I "collect." Keep an eye out for old Svea and Optimus stoves for me, huh?

Diggin' the cabinet clamp headphone hanger.

Very nice space. My bench is a piece of plywood and two cardboard boxes. :tears:

I'll see about posting photos; I'm hiding a Philips record console behind my 'bench,' too. Bought it for a song 'cause it didn't work, now she sings! '40s ear, I'd say. Besides the point.

Last edited:
I don't do a lot of dedicated audio work, so the workbench is more a pile of mechanical devices in various stages of completion. The crap gets cleaned off when needed. I'll have to get some pics, though, you guys would appreciate some of it.

Hey Redboy,
Here's a pic of mine when it was clean. I've got an Optimus 8R, but I'm keeping it!:D

Attachments

• Workshop.jpg
    Workshop.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 959
The stoves are about the only other thing I "collect." Keep an eye out for old Svea and Optimus stoves for me, huh?

1st, nice electronics work area. I'd be right at home on that bench and it gave me some ideas for my own redo later on this spring.

2nd, another stove & lantern jockey!

:thmbsp:

I got rid of the few stoves I had but kept one. An honest to God, went to France in the pack of a GI, Coleman in WW2 olive drab. Unfortunately no provenance. The woman who's father it belonged to never sent me the letter she promised. Oh well.

I got rid of the few stoves I had but kept one. An honest to God, went to France in the pack of a GI, Coleman in WW2 olive drab.
I think I've got one of those! I might have to take some pics of the collection and start another thread in OT, just for the hell of it.

Speaking of taking pictures, I think I owe it to myself to clean up the bench a bit and take some "after" shots!

Nice talking bass, redboy.
Oh yes, a place of honor for that! :yes:
On the shelves below:
  • fishing lure, prairie dog skull, old telephone insulator, carved Indonesian mask, box of tea
  • a chunk of fossilized bone from NE
  • collection of aquatic insects and a jar of popcorn (?)

Nise workbenches

Those are some nice work bench areas. My workbench is where I set my soldering iron down. I use the kitchen table, a card table, or a 30" X 72" folding table if I have a large piece to work on. I use a Fluke 97 scope/meter and a small CD palayer with a CD of audio sinewaves for tracing signals through the amp stages. I am just getting back into servicing audio equipment in my old age here. I may need to set up a more permanent location in the basement, although that would require some cleanup first.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom