Show me your workbench!

Mark, where's the 260?:D

Here's my favorite place in the whole world.:thmbsp:

is this like "where's waldo?",

I'll bite:

above your blue weller soldering station, on the dresser, to the left of the white pvc pipe.

It was the high school's. It wasn't mine....

I use (among others) a H.P. 3468B.

Cluttered, I got cluttered!

Here is some pics of my den of iniquity.....

Gonna straighten it up real soon now!

Attachments

• bench1.JPG
    bench1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 710
  • bench2.JPG
    bench2.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 638
  • parts1.JPG
    parts1.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 560
  • parts2.JPG
    parts2.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 675
Redboy, I REALLY like the shelves under the stairs idea, that is extremely cool. I will have to do the same! Great idea, thanks for sharing.

Geeze, Mark, I think I have bench envy! Well, I don't have room for any more equipment anyway. I might be getting a much newer and nicer spectrum analyzer from work, but I don't know where I'll put it.
Here's mine:
BenchSetup002.jpg

WTF with all that testing gear????? I wont build my first tube amp till I have a nice, neat and well equipped place...I dont like woring in makeshift places...I am a lab jap!!

Mess my butt, that is pristine compared to mine.

I've got a 5-foot high pile of MIT fleamarket for-sale items sitting on it right now.

HUH . . . got any goodies ? I only have 3 feet deep - room for more ! :lmao:

it was worse, but freecycle is your friend . . .

The only I have of my bench just happens to have me in it, too. This was when I used to work on VCR's and comcorders in the '90's. Darker photo than I would have liked but you'll see three small RCA TV's over on the right to test-out repaired units. Tektronics scope behind me.

I stood in that spot for 10 years but no need to harbor that VCR repair knowledge anymore. Now my "bench" is the dining room table and holds more interesting pieces of work like the few pieces of HHScott equipment I've brought back to life lately!

199802-FairwayTVFixingaVCRremembert.jpg

This is my den/mancave/workbench. I would love to have more space but I'll take what I can get.

Den1.jpg

When I move here I have plans for more room and a real shop.

ComancheSt3fixed.jpg

Now you've done it!

This is my den/mancave/workbench. I would love to have more space but I'll take what I can get.

Den1.jpg

When I move here I have plans for more room and a real shop.

ComancheSt3fixed.jpg

Kingbubba: you shouldn't show the world pictures of Florida's secret places! They think it's all beach!

That's some great looking pasture land! :yes: How many acres?

Nice shop, too.

Where I work in my garage. Table also does duty as workspace for RC sailboats and stained glass. When I get around to it, also to finish my RIMS homebrew setup.

Last edited:
OK, time for me to put up or shut up.

Pardon the untidiness... these photos were taken during construction. I can assure you it is much worse now. :D

attachment.php

This is my workshop, just after it was built and finished. There are now cement stepping stones from the back door of my house out to the shop, and some steps. Just to the right of the door my older daughter put up a frame thing with some roses now climbing on it. Really. I told her it ruins the "mancave" effect, but does she listen? No. :no:

attachment.php

(Tired, hot, the electricity not yet hooked up.) :boring:

The building is wired with 230 vac coming through a buried pvc conduit from the house and wired into the main breaker box. There is a breaker box in the shop with 5 circuits. One is 230 vac for the air conditioner/heater unit. There are two 115 vac circuits for the workbench. One breaker feeds the first and third (white) outlets. Another breaker feeds the second and fourth (tan) outlets along the workbench. That way, wherever you are working and tools plugged into adjacent outlets, they are plugged into separate circuits and spreading the load. A fourth circuit breaker feeds the other outlets around the shop, plus one weatherproof outlet outside (for weedeater, other tools). All of these outlets are Ground Fault Interrupt types. A fifth circuit breaker feeds some outlets near the ceiling where the fluorescent lights are plugged in.

There is also a phone in the shop.

The walls are insulated with Dow pink styrofoam. I just could not bring myself to handle fiberglass. The foam pieces were measured and cut to force fit between the studs. 3/8" OSB (chipboard) was put up with drywall screws, and painted with 2 coats of waterbased Kilz, followed by a coat of semigloss offwhite latex paint.

The workbench is 16 feet long, 40" high, 30" deep. It was assembled with Simpson Strongtie Connectors, no nails. There are two layers of plywood on the top, with carpenter's glue in between, and drywall screws holding them together. The screws were driven below flush, then spackled over and sanded. That mades for a solid surface for mounting the vise.

attachment.php

attachment.php

My daughters put vinyl tile on the floor and used the same tile on the top of the plywood on the workbench. :thmbsp:

Leftover ply from the top went toward making shelves underneath.

There is also a 5" vise, Ryobi bench grinder, and a Ryobi 12" drill press. I hope to soon add a mini-lathe.

attachment.php

And most importantly, a man has to have some tunes to listen to. Especially me. I have lots of SaxRax customers, mostly pros, who send me their CD's. So, it is important that I be able to say, "Hey, man... I really liked the third track on the CD you sent me!" So, for that reason I have an Onkyo TX-906 receiver, Onkyo DX-C340 CD changer, and a pair of Optimus Pro-X55AV speakers. They also serve to be able to test tuners, receivers, and other gear I work on out there.

Attachments

• Drill Press 1.JPG
    Drill Press 1.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 14 Workshop 2.JPG
    14 Workshop 2.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,165
  • 13 Workshop 1.JPG
    13 Workshop 1.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 1,153
  • 11 Pauls workshop.JPG
    11 Pauls workshop.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,129
  • 06 Finished.JPG
    06 Finished.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,129
Here is mine. Rodney's happy G-8000 is on the bench. Gotta tidy up, someday perhaps.

Attachments

• 100_2913 (Small).JPG
    100_2913 (Small).JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 471
  • 100_2914 (Small).JPG
    100_2914 (Small).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 451
It's by the door. One of those little dorm room types. Really!

My kids insisted I have one. It's loaded with Dr. Pepper and A&W Root Beer.

Back
Top Bottom