Show me your workbench!

Echowars. Very tidy workspace... Is that years of airforce discipline speaking for itself, Or did you just spruce it up for the picture?? :D

Nice looking Space!!

Echowars, you probobly don't even know what I'm talking about. And you have good reason, I don't know why I was confusing you with Ak memeber Avionic who was in the airforce.... My bad.. But hey, it's still a very tidy workspace, Its nice to have a place for everything and everthing in its place.

My prison:
workbenchll3.jpg

Just enough electronics to get the job done...scope, couple of sig-gens, and a pair of distortion analysers. I'd love to add a nice spectrum analyser...
Glenn,
I like the 'AK Member of the Year' award!!!
That chair, however would hafta go. Oh my achin' a$$.:D

Tom

Glenn,
I like the 'AK Member of the Year' award!!!
That chair, however would hafta go. Oh my achin' a$$.:D

Tom
I don't get to sit too much.
Echowars, you probobly don't even know what I'm talking about. And you have good reason, I don't know why I was confusing you with Ak memeber Avionic who was in the airforce.... My bad.. But hey, it's still a very tidy workspace, Its nice to have a place for everything and everthing in its place.
I try to keep in fairly neat and organized, otherwise I can't find chit (the 70's were rough on some of us).

The cylinders are the hydraulic drive resevours(sp).

The leading link front end down tubes are from a 1962 HD FLH. I bent them and welded on the pivot points, then made up the links out of aluminum bar stock. The fender is HD as is the wheel. The triple trees are 1" plate cut to fit. The head light is from a mid 50s Mac truck and the spot lights are industrial work lights.

The gas tank is from a Farmall "A" tractor with a tunnel cut in to fit over the back bone. The instrument panel is made from diamond plate and have an oil temp, oil pressure, hydraulic temp, and water temp gauge, as well as the key switch. The handle bars are 1 and 3/4 inch bent tubing and the raisers are big nuts bored out to fit the bars. All hand controls are HD after market. The gauge on the bars is the hydraulic pressure gauge.

The rear fender is a trailer fender with diamond plate sides screwed on. The tail light is a front turn signal from a mid 40s school bus. The red Jerry cans have the tops cut and hinged and are saddle bags. The rack is from a 50s Cushman scooter. The stainless tanks are the Hydraulic reservoirs. The seat is from an old tractor.

The engine is a Continental Y112 out of a fork truck driving a hydraulic pump which drives a hydraulic motor on the swing arm which drives a chain to the back wheel....which is a Mickey Thompson car rim with a split hub. the tire is a 230mm. the floor boards are the steps from an old slide and they are cast and read "AMERICAN". The frame is all 4130 chrome molly tubing and wieldable high pressure joint fittings.

It rides very soft and is very comfortable. I still am tweaking the hydraulic drive. The leading link front end is great, but a little slow, in turns but have a VERY wicked shutter at 25 mph....and I don't know how to fix that.

Cutters, Widgets and fidgets.

The smut's below the bench, to the right:banana:

tripod

Last edited:
It's home.

It aint much, but it is home. I subscribe to the theory that if you build a bigger workbench you will fill it. If you build a small one you will fix what you have on it before opening a new project. Now if I can only get myself to follow the second axiom....:D

I finally got around to building my own workbench. Finally got rid of a weight machine that I bought for my wife several years ago but never got used much. Doing so allow me to free up some much needed space in the garage. Just a little more work to do and it will be completely done.

Workbnch.jpg

I finally got around to building my own workbench. Finally got rid of a weight machine that I bought for my wife several years ago but never got used much. Doing so allow me to free up some much needed space in the garage. Just a little more work to do and it will be completely done.

Workbnch.jpg
Sweet..Nice layout.. I'm currently installing a third bench..I need to get one of those "pancake compressors" but without the curly hose..I hate those with a passion...Nice sign!!

Hi Russ, yep that is high pressure weldable steam pipe. It looks like normal water pipe, but it is serious stuff. There are also a number of gussetts that you can not see in the pic. The frame is WAY over engineered. Cheers.

Hi Russ, yep that is high pressure weldable steam pipe. It looks like normal water pipe, but it is serious stuff. There are also a number of gussetts that you can not see in the pic. The frame is WAY over engineered. Cheers.
high pressure weldable steam pipe.
Schedule 80 pipe

Well, I should clarify.....it was late when I wrote that and I was at the Woodward Dream Cruz all day drinking wine. The pipe is actually high grade Chrome Molly seemless tubing, can't remember the wall thickness, and the elbows are schedule 80 high pressure weldable pipe fittings. WOW, I must have been feeling pretty good to forget all that detail. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom