Show of hands..

avionic

" Black Knights "------- F-15 " Wizard "
Subscriber
How many of you'all have ever used one of these...:D

http://www.afrmaonline.org/omeka/items/show/116

They were used at Lowry AFB integrated avionics tech school. For training on F/FB-111 and F-15 ECM Test stations.1978-79. We had Flukes when we finally got out of tech school and into the field.

Not here. I briefly worked at a Naval Air Rework Facility but didn't use anything like that. The closest I get is a Simpson model 260 multimeter and those huge Tektronix scopes on carts.

Well I remember them. piss-um-6's. Also remember carting all the test equipment up the air stairs and setting it all up for R.F. alignments on SATCOM systems. E-4B, Offutt AFB.

Used 'em from Tech School ( AFSC 304X4 at Keesler, 1965 ) and in maintaining MRC-107's and TSC-53's and related sundry stuff through my discharge in 1972

Used to get those meters at the government sales. Nobody seemed to want them. Most of them got tossed.

I have some F-111 hardware (unique) in the warehouse.

Believe me. The psm6 we used were all dark gray and paint chipped. But they served there purpose and were still accurate.

I love analog multimeters. I don't trust digital multimeters. If something is moving a needle it's probably real. If it's just displaying numbers it might be real or it might be wacko. So accurate + trustworthy = analog IMHO.

Not here. I briefly worked at a Naval Air Rework Facility but didn't use anything like that. The closest I get is a Simpson model 260 multimeter and those huge Tektronix scopes on carts.
I think we had some 260's both at tech school and in the field.Most of the multimeter measurements on the ECM were HP or maybe Fluke, I don't remember, multimeter -> IEEE bus to the Honey Well CPU. All Atlas machine language software.

Last edited:
I have some F-111 hardware (unique) in the warehouse.
I think all I have is my 326X3 F/FB-111 Penetration Aids Test Stations Tech School Certificate.
Penetration Aids.(EW). Always got a kick out of that. Sounds like KY jellie or something along those lines.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Never even had the opportunity to even touch and F-111. My first duty station was a new F-15 Wing " The 33rd TFW" Eglin AFB,Fl". They had to send me back to Denver "Lowry AFB" for another 10 weeks on the F-15 EW teststation.

Step 1: buy pocket knife. Step 2: Find a healthy stick at least 1 1/2 inches in diameter and about a foot long. Step 3: carve stick into shape of something like a fish snake or something you like.

My Heavens - what on Earth are you talking about?

My Heavens - what on Earth are you talking about?

When I was 10, about 60 years after the great flood which you can read about in Genesis, this was my main forum of entertainment. There were no computers, phones of any kind, audio gear, vehicles or much of anything we use today. We didn't worry about much of anything though.

Back
Top Bottom