Show off your big listening space

My main rig is my biggest listening area. I did away with all digital inputs except the media centre. This is our first home, been in for a week so far. Loving it.

System

12523075_10153171846886666_5696182017995675717_n.jpg

Listening area

12631308_10153178528441666_255470407946058867_n.jpg
Looks great! Congrats on th new place!!

Dosen't it drive you a bit squirrel crazy having your TT that low to the ground?

Looks great! Congrats on th new place!!

Dosen't it drive you a bit squirrel crazy having your TT that low to the ground?

No, it doesn't really worry me. My knees crack when I kneel down to change records, or they'll thud on the floor when I kneel too fast after a red or two but nothing serious ;)

I've some maglev feet on the turntable so its very nicely damped from vibration though at some point I want to get a decent TV cabinet where all components are behind closed, lockable doors. That would also offer better vibration isolation than the current, glass TV unit and keep little hands away from my system.

For now I'm looking to add a nice little Wharfedale subwoofer to that setup next week. Some more low bass as I think the little Yaqin MC10T has issues driving the sub's in by B&W DM-16's..... Not the worlds most efficient speaker. Lovely sounding though. :D

Last edited:
PG, have you tried configuring the two (or more) planar/ribbon tweeters vertically? Those drivers have pretty good horizontal dispersion and the side-by-side approach will increase comb filtering.

What they lack is vertical coverage. Which is why you usually find vertical arrays of that kind of tweeter e.g. Apogee, Blue Moon, Carver, Genesis, Infinity, Magnepan, Nola, Scaena, etc.

Hmm, figured I'd take a picture of my listening space at night time.... It's much more relaxed at that point.... Perfect with a few LP's and a bottle of Shiraz ;)

12688389_10153217969131666_8348583614451252381_n.jpg

I guess big is relative.

I'm in the process of remodeling the basement / man cave. I'm a relative noob and this is the first time since starting to collect gear a year ago I've been able to consolidate much of my (working) gear in one place. I finished half of the basement where my gear goes first. LOL. Now I have to tile the back half (where the bar and foosball table are). I just moved this stuff in last week. Can't wait to be complete!

20160316_160034_resized.jpg

Last edited:
My living room has an odd layout, but it's basically 17' wide (21' if you include the staircase) by 13.5' deep and the ceiling tapers from 16.5' (wall behind couch) to 9.5' (wall behind stereo). The speakers are 5.5' apart and the "sweet spot" on the couch is 8.5' from the speakers. The floor is travertine stone tile, so the room is very "live", which was tamed a good amount by the addition of some sound panels.

7a35606b-49de-4635-b57e-6d4321511c96_zpswbnuzwr2.jpg

P1050962_zps5jtqcjkk.jpg

3f194504-ecd1-4666-be70-d7e2a4d7983e_zpsztbduosx.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Pad, Sonance. Must be a single guy... considering the Floyd poster above the fireplace. I love the poster, but I don't think my spouse would approve. :)

Nice Pad, Sonance. Must be a single guy... considering the Floyd poster above the fireplace. I love the poster, but I don't think my spouse would approve. :)

Thanks! My GF still has her own place, so it works out for now. The only thing she has mentioned so far (6 months) is that my speakers are too far out from the wall. I love the look I get when trying to explain why they sound better in that spot. o_O

My space WAS big.... but now it has so many turntables, tape decks, boxes of records and tapes, that there is not much room for human beings.

Sonance, what do the sound panels behind the taller speaker do? New to sound panels and trying to learn..Thanks AL

Back
Top Bottom