Show off your big listening space

Nice set up. Noticed the fabulous console unit and of course your dog... Nice choice... One of my long time favorite breeds...

Thanks! I still need to recap that old console...SEP EL84, should sound nice. Bacchus was younger in those pics, but he still enjoys sleeping with his head right by the left speaker. I grew up with GSD's, as my dad was with Metro K-9 for 10 years. They're very loyal.

OK, kind of cheating since I cannot find the more recent pix on my computer showing carpet, furniture, and equipment in place. (And images I'd posted years ago on AK have disappeared??)

But this gives rough idea of what I'm working with. Room is 25' x 25'. First thing that went in there after carpet and furniture was a pair of old Klipschorns in the corners by the windows.

Ok so I found a couple small images of the space populated with furniture and equipment. Frankly if it was totally up to me I'd lose at least half the furniture.... but.... it is a FAMILY room .

10376149_10205802532403249_5396857132663944442_n.jpg Copy of 100_7911.jpg Copy+of+IMG_4966.jpg

Mmmm Ohm ;)

Very Nice, I Really Love what You've Done with That Console......if you Find that Those Big Bulky Ohms don't Work for You........Send them My Way I have a 15' x 24' Room They'll fit into Nicely :smoke:

,Mike.

I'm getting ready to move, so the space is a mess and the setup is temporary. But, for the time being, I have a pretty big "listening room." From where I took this picture down to the Magnepan speakers is about 50 feet and there's another 15 feet behind me. I guess the area is about 20 feet wide at it's narrowestIMG_0044.JPG .

I'm getting ready to move, so the space is a mess and the setup is temporary.
Perhaps just as well you're moving since that room is extremely reflective with all the exposed window and picture frame glass. Pretty space, but an acoustical nightmare.

You'll get a far more coherent image when the Maggie's output isn't bounced all around the room. :)

Perhaps just as well you're moving since that room is extremely reflective with all the exposed window and picture frame glass. Pretty space, but an acoustical nightmare.

You'll get a far more coherent image when the Maggie's output isn't bounced all around the room. :)

Probably. Actually, the setup is temporary, because I'm doing some work in another part of the house and I had to move the stuff somewhere. I figured I could put it there and at least listen to it. Fortunately for me, I guess, none of the equipment was hardwired into the ethernet system at the time lightning struck last month. It hit the cable TV system and I lost a bunch of equipment that was wired to the modem. Mostly home theater equipment.

Last edited:
The main dimensions are 54' x 19' x 8.4', but there are all sorts of irregularities. The actual longest dimension is 76 feet. There's an IB sub built into the fireplace using JBL 2245h that produces usable output to (drum roll please...) 9 Hz.

index.php

Attachments

• 20170314_230645[1].jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 516
  • 20170314_230818[1].jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20170314_230840[1].jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 19
Yes, that is a granite top I had custom cut that matches the granite in the rest of the house.

If you look really close you can see granite slabs that I have under my speakers also.

Yes, that is a granite top I had custom cut that matches the granite in the rest of the house.

If you look really close you can see granite slabs that I have under my speakers also.

Great idea. Looks like you have a good base under it. I thought about doing the same thing with granite under some speakers. There's a company that does granite counters not far from me. They have a scrap pile out back full of sink cut outs.

The main dimensions are 54' x 19' x 8.4', but there are all sorts of irregularities. The actual longest dimension is 76 feet.
That's definitely a big listening space! Love the Electrophonic T-600 - that was my first (and last) stereo receiver, but got me started!

Back
Top Bottom