Show Off Your EBR!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by Yamaki, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Yamaki

Yamaki Not For Hire Subscriber

There's no "spray and pray" going on here and that sort of generalization tends to further spread the misconception of what an AR really is.

Sure, a 24" tube on a .308 bolt action will be more accurate, generally, than an 18" barreled .308 in an AR. However, that is a function of tube length, not an inherent defect or failing of the AR platform. And you can build an AR platform that is equal to a bolt action rifle in accuracy easily enough.

John James likes this.
  2. BrocLuno

BrocLuno AK Subscriber Subscriber

Well, yes and no. There are a ton of restrictions, but ... They left the door open for rim-fire to be exempt. And CA DOJ really does not like Poly lowers, so I decided to play :)

I'm building a 22WMR full featured AR with all the stuff they don't want and a poly lower just because :D

Lot of options discussed in this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1293510

There is also the Franklin Armory fixed mag solution. When used with a Mean Arms speed-loader, it's pretty quick. Not a mag drop quick, but still fairly effective. And, you get to keep all your "features" because it is no longer a removable magazine rifle by CA Regs.

Of course it's not glued or welded in, so it is removable when out of state. So I think I'll build a 556 one like that too :D

Pics when I get done building it :)

And, if you'all want to see what some Cali builders are up to, here's a BIG picture thread with lots of EBR's :D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=232935&highlight=evil+features

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. whoaru99

whoaru99 Epic Member Subscriber

Generally speaking, my experience is that beyond a relatively easy to attain hardware aspect, practical accuracy is more a factor of the rifleman than the rifle.

John James likes this.
  4. finnbow

finnbow The Dude Abides

Agreed. Just funnin' a bit. OTOH, after decades of shooting and hunting, I got to the point where I only go afield for deer with a bow or muzzleloader any more, leaving modern firearms in the cabinet. I guess I'm regressing in my old age.:biggrin:

5. BigElCat

BigElCat AK Subscriber Subscriber

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  6. Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob Desert Rat Subscriber

Remington 870 Express; Ruger Mini 14 .223 (EBR in disguise); Sig P220; Uberti1873 .357 Single-Action Cattleman Revolver

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]