Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Enjoy all the posts. Here's mine 9x10. Very content with the room and setup.

Attachments

• 20130326_132713.jpg
    20130326_132713.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,401
Last edited:
This is my little office/den system. Put this together with some extra equipment and the cheap tube preamp which sounds damn good for 55.00. System is in a 10' x 11' room.

Amp - Audio Source - Amp 100 (90.00 Amazon)
DVD/CD - Marantz DV4001 (79.99 One Call 2009 clearance sale)
Preamp - Guanzo 6N3 tube preamp/buffer (55.00 Amazon)
Speakers - Energy RC-10 (199.00pr Vanns sale)

Ceiling Panels

Kleshman,

Nice tour of the room! How did you affix the cloud treatments to the ceiling?

Bill

I used the screw in plastic wall anchors and then used hooks instead of screws. The panels have eyehooks screwed in the back. They sit about 3" off the surface.

custom furniture

new member, but long time viewer, got awesome info over the years! thank you. Would like to reciprocate.

Thought I'd share some pictures of the bedroom system. just built a custom table for amp (fisher 400) and cd player (karik 3), and speaker stands (wharfedale 35's) (also have a velodyne sub, and kimber cable). made of oak with Madagascar ebony inlays. I like to think the madagascar inlays help to reduce vibration even more, that stuff is SOLID! I set off my smoke alarm when I was drilling it on the press. put a candlelight stain and 3 coats of gloss top coat, so reallll shinny! :)

Wondering if other's do custom woodwork?

For my main listening room, I built a wall mount for my LP12, with a free standing base, used jatoba. I try to use the dense woods, those that I can afford, to reflect vibrations. I am no sound engineer. Just learning as I go.

Best,
Ryan

Attachments

• Bedroom System 01.jpg
    Bedroom System 01.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Bedroom System 02.jpg
    Bedroom System 02.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 957
  • Bedroom System 03.jpg
    Bedroom System 03.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 799
new member, but long time viewer, got awesome info over the years! thank you. Would like to reciprocate.

Thought I'd share some pictures of the bedroom system. just built a custom table for amp (fisher 400) and cd player (karik 3), and speaker stands (wharfedale 35's) (also have a velodyne sub, and kimber cable). made of oak with Madagascar ebony inlays. I like to think the madagascar inlays help to reduce vibration even more, that stuff is SOLID! I set off my smoke alarm when I was drilling it on the press. put a candlelight stain and 3 coats of gloss top coat, so reallll shinny! :)

Wondering if other's do custom woodwork?

For my main listening room, I built a wall mount for my LP12, with a free standing base, used jatoba. I try to use the dense woods, those that I can afford, to reflect vibrations. I am no sound engineer. Just learning as I go.

Best,
Ryan

Great work on the stands! It is much nicer I think to make them so they can be perfectly matched for the room/space.:thmbsp:

thanks fly4x4! Yeah, I agree. I just wonder if the acoustics are a good as something professionally engineered? probably not, but its a balance for me - artist and audiophile. had to infuse my art in there, although the sound may suffer a bit.

Taylor Playe - thanks for the link! totally made me rearrange my listening room first thing this morning, much better :)

Last edited:
If you want to see a small listening space, here is mine!
I have just enough space to turn my chair around.
This is the best picture i could get to show all of it at once, i had to stand halfway up the staircase to the 2nd floor :D

On the left next to the window is a narrow bookshelf with my tapes.
The numberplate is an old one from my car, the newyork canvas is something i got for free...
If you are whondering where the left speakers is, its behind me, but i want to move it to where the numberplate is.

98wy.jpg

This is in my music room (aka where I practice/do score study). Very small room with a very high ceiling.

Its a PL-560 and Kenwood Cd changer running through an Sx-750 to some surprisingly good sounding Realistic Optimus-45s

002.jpg

I have made a few small changes since I took these pics, but you get the idea.

Sony receiver
Yamaha Universal player
DacMagic
HeedCanamp
AKG K701s
NHT Sb2s
Logitech 5.1 setup mainly for movies/games (it came with a computer I had a long time ago, but I kept it around since it adds some flexibility and takes up little space)

6292452106_1a90766c8e_b.jpg

8600098229_9e4d5fa864_b.jpg

8604157842_69661bfb94_b.jpg

More about the setup in my sig.

Last edited:
cheese and crackers - you guys have some nice sh*t...

uofmtiger and greyson - two completely different styles but
I love them both.

IMAG04411_zps992b8786.jpg

This is my 10x11 "man cave" in progress. Just got moved back in after getting carpet installed and waiting for the loveseat to be delivered. Still searching for some 70's tastic curtains. I had to paint color matched to the label on my copy of Led Zeppelin's fourth album. :music:

Back
Top Bottom