Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Update of listening space. Here's what it looked like before.
36591192950_9d2b77e191_z.jpg

It was a bare wall space that needed some help. Built these acoustic panels with everything coming from Lowes. 3" rock wool and lined drapes for covers, removed the lining to use for the back cover. Each drape was good for 2 panels. It was easier than I thought it would be.
36930603591_5a3f689085_z.jpg

36930601401_c8ae177134_z.jpg

36930615191_1e7932e5b8_z.jpg

37072140455_e3a1cb8b23_z.jpg

Made 5 of the panels and it made a heck of a difference. The wife even likes the way they look. If you can do something like this it's well worth the effort. The rock wool is the way to go. Much easier to work with than fiberglass and no itch or rash. There's all kinds of info out there on the web on building these.
36930609651_7faa4ebae4_b.jpg

37072134795_ef246b81ff_b.jpg

37072132395_b4d5886ea4_b.jpg

In case you missed it in my systems thread:

Some updated pictures of the computer system:
Added Sapphire SBS speakers, a Yamaha RX-V3300, and ADC EQ since the last time I posted. I'm so happy to finally have true surround sound (not just Pro Logic) and I really love the Sapphires. They're the best-sounding bookshelf speaker I've ever had and I really dig the blue tweeter.
index.php

index.php
index.php

Also moved some stuff around in the dining room system, mainly changed the speakers to EPI Model 120 Series 3 and now using a Nikko NA-2000 Integrated Amp. The Nikko is a pretty beastly 80's amp at 100 watts/channel. Definitely not BPC.
index.php

index.php

And finally, the main system gets my Toshiba CD changer and Onkyo Integra Tape Deck in a more permanent position (as well as some other speaker ornaments):
index.php

Last edited:
Small family room...."new" system in here. Lovely Pioneer SX-3700 Receiver with Boston Acoustics A26 bookshelves.....no cd or TT in here - just FM and iPod/iPhone

Click on image for larger pic if you wish...

Tell me about your sideboard. It's a beauty!

Tell me about your sideboard. It's a beauty!

Very kind cubdog...thx!

Built to my specs and Gary (guy in pic and the builder) came up with some of the details.
....like the curved top and bottom front boards ....a little hard to see in pic

Solid maple....both cabinet grade sheet goods and hardwoods
...antique hardware .....full suspension drawers

He's a dear friend and very talented....I am fortunate!!
I'll let him know you liked it :)

......click on pic for larger image

Please do tell Gary that I'm very impressed with his skills. Even from an internet picture your sideboard reeks of quality. I'm impressed with Gary's skill and jealous that you own this work of art.

I sure will...thanks!
He's always surprised by comments like yours.....he's a humble guy.
....and if you know this already from a previous post I'm sorry....but he's self taught too!

He's done a few pieces for my audio passion and for our home also.

My son moving back in temporarily has resulted in some changes. I now have a extra large screen TV on my hands so my Pioneer Laserdisc player is now part of my system as well as a Sony blue ray player. I have started using headphones now for the those early and late night listening sessions. The Sansui 5000 serves as the hub for my first headphone system but I have also added a Denon DCM-420 CD player which has a headphone jack for a second headphone option.
IMG_20170930_050706_hdr.jpg IMG_20170930_050812_hdr.jpg IMG_20170930_050920_hdr.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom