Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Discussion in 'Listening Spaces' started by Taylor Player, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Cartman

Cartman New Member

Pic of the bedroom system with speakers.

image.jpeg

Please register to disable this ad.

2. john111/LZ

john111/LZ Addicted Member

Are those dual-concentrics?I remember Allisons have a good bass extension for such small boxes.Sonneteer kit is very nice,super system!

3. Cartman

Cartman New Member

They have an upward facing Kevlar bass unit and a forward firing Vifa D27 tweeter. The cabinets are lined with carbon fibre and then perforated steel with a rubberised adhesive layer between them. Bass unit is crossover-less with just a resistor and cap on the tweeter,

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    john111/LZ likes this.
  4. RemoWilliams

RemoWilliams New Member

Rather small bedroom at 8 x 10 and tried some bookshelf speakers, Gemme Tonic G3s but find the Boston acoustic T830s more to my liking, they are on some short 6" tall tilted stands which have helped - definitely a case of near field listening as getting anywhere near the opposing wall introduces overly emphasized low frequencies.

Overall I do enjoy the set up - Dynaco SCA 210R ( Asian market ) integrated amplifier and Rotel RCD 855 cd player plus plenty of streaming from the computer and You Tube music/movies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

guiller, safebet, MarZutra and 5 others like this.
  5. dave1701

dave1701 Active Member

This weekend I made my wood "enclosures" for the Owens Corning 703 and 705 insulation I bought. Right now they are just thrown up on the wall because I was tired and just wanted to have a listen and get the positioning right. Soon, I will mount standoffs on the back of the panels so that there is more of an air gap between them and the wall.
    I still have 2 more panels of 2" 705 and three more 1" 703 to find something to do with. I'm thinking that I will have one on the wall in front of my desk/chair, possibly straddling the ceiling and the wall to maximize the air gap. and one hanging from the ceiling over my listening position. But alas, I am out of wood (and motivation), so those will have to wait.

On the wall there are four 2" of 703 panels and the ones in the floor in the corners are 2" 705. I put some foam in some possible reflection spots and on the corners of the room to give it that extra 'amateur' look. :rflmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The room sounds pretty good. Certainly an improvement. While I never bothered to get an actual graph of the frequency response of this room at my listening position, it's pretty obvious how some bass is quieter than I am used to and some is louder. I also notice having to turn the volume up louder for the same perceived loudness.

ossidian, KDAC, john111/LZ and 2 others like this.
  6. ragtopolds6

ragtopolds6 Active Member

ok 10x10 6 ft high ..member picture sys it all

Attached Files:

7. Fitero

Fitero Active Member

I sold my big JBL's a few weeks ago and have been without speakers for about a month....but look what my buddy brought over and stuffed in my little stereo room as a loaner until I decide what to buy....:rflmao:

I think my whole apartment is too small for these lumps, not just my little room.

My wife walked in, took one look at them and said " they look like octopus tentacles, put the covers on them" and walked out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    DeeCee, Musicfan#51, dave1701 and 2 others like this.
  8. Taylor Player

Taylor Player AK Subscriber Subscriber

This is a great space. Very nice!

msh1999 and Musicfan#51 like this.
  9. I love the linear, modular look of the components and screen across the chest of drawers. The picture allows you to really be transported somewhere else while listening to music.

Musicfan#51 likes this.
  10. Smitty43

Smitty43 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Does small work bench systems 15150184376961298451948.jpg count

manu et deo, bluesky, DeeCee and 6 others like this.
  11. BirdLives

BirdLives Super Member

guiller, safebet, Seamaster and 14 others like this.

12. Smitty43

Smitty43 AK Subscriber Subscriber

This is my little man cave. 1515360899929745277313.jpg

Bub, guiller, Vincentz and 10 others like this.
  13. Cartman

Cartman New Member

BirdLives likes this.
  14. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

OOH - Royd speakers :D Don't tell, there is 2 of us :D

I have 2 pairs of Doublets, an AV77, Abbots, Sevens, Envoys, and a set of Akroyd Sevens (only 100 pairs made).

15. TECH---NICS

TECH---NICS New Member

i live in a 50 m2 flat so for me a big listening space is a dream that will never come true , maybe if i win at lottery.......anyway , my sistems are on 2 sides of my living room , the acustique is not great , but acceptable ......so , this is system nr 1 -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

btw, how do u like to keep your speakers , with face covers or without ? my HECO s800 look cool both situatios , i cant decide ....and my second system

[​IMG]

16. Steven Tate

Steven Tate AK Subscriber Subscriber

Great systems! You have definitely done the most with the least. Very well done. I cover my speakers for a very mundane reason. Twin toddler grand kids that are at my house often. There is no door on the listening room, and those big white cones on the JBL L-100’s would be an attention grabber. So far they ignore the speakers with the grilles on. Eventually, I will probably have to do more to protect them.

17. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

Those pet fences with the electric shock collar work well.

18. CKDC

CKDC AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yeah! And fun to watch when kids violate the borders.

19. prisoners

prisoners AK Subscriber Subscriber

I feel like I’m 15 again! (much better gear 35 years later!)

Attached Files:

20. wcward

wcward New Member

My overkill office 2 channel setup. IMG_1699.JPG

Klipsch Cornwall IIIs
    Yamaha AS 1100 Integrated Amp & Graphic Equalizer
    Oppo Sonica Dac
    Apple Mini running iTunes