Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Long time lurker here...this is my modest setup in a 12’X12’ listening space.View media item 14278Here is my sometime listening companion...I think he just wants food at the moment...View media item 14279Receiver is a Pioneer SX-770, turntable is an AR-XA (cleaned up, but no mods) with a Shure M91ED cartridge and Jico N91ED stylus, New Large Advent speakers...View media item 14280View media item 14281a BIC Beam Box is my FM antenna, tape deck is a Luxman K-220, CD player is a JVC XL-Z444, a BSR spectrum analyzer...View media item 14282Spent the last month and a half decluttering and rearranging, and I can finally spend my days off just listening and NOT planning, though in the back of my mind I ponder sound absorption and whether or not I need a DAC...View media item 14283View media item 14284View media item 14285

Nice set up and I love the smiths poster.

Long time lurker here...this is my modest setup in a 12’X12’ listening space.View media item 14278Here is my sometime listening companion...I think he just wants food at the moment...View media item 14279Receiver is a Pioneer SX-770, turntable is an AR-XA (cleaned up, but no mods) with a Shure M91ED cartridge and Jico N91ED stylus, New Large Advent speakers...View media item 14280View media item 14281a BIC Beam Box is my FM antenna, tape deck is a Luxman K-220, CD player is a JVC XL-Z444, a BSR spectrum analyzer...View media item 14282Spent the last month and a half decluttering and rearranging, and I can finally spend my days off just listening and NOT planning, though in the back of my mind I ponder sound absorption and whether or not I need a DAC...View media item 14283View media item 14284View media item 14285

I love the Advents !

Great music room! Good stuff.

Welcome to AK!
Cozy, lovely space to enjoy some tunes....and a very cute listening companion.

Another Boston-area tikiphile, I see! :beatnik:

All of this in an 11x12 bedroom, with a bed in the left rear corner and one of those cabinet electric fireplaces on the left wall. I also have another JL e110 sub arriving tomorrow in the mail.

p2809529615-5.jpg

Are you running some Snell Type E in that pix? And some 26's? I have my Type E IV's up and the 26's now. I also have the S-X4Gs.

Hey! Wow that's funny how similar our gear is! But things have exploded for me since then ... those are my old Oak E/IIIs which I've since replaced with a pair of walnut E/IIIs. I bet your E/IV's sound awesome. And those L26s were my gateway into vintage JBL! I've gone up and down the model line since then. No losers among them, that's for sure.

Hey! Wow that's funny how similar our gear is! But things have exploded for me since then ... those are my old Oak E/IIIs which I've since replaced with a pair of walnut E/IIIs. I bet your E/IV's sound awesome. And those L26s were my gateway into vintage JBL! I've gone up and down the model line since then. No losers among them, that's for sure.

Yea I have a few sets of JBL in the mix as well.. About to log into BT to update a post for some 4401's. Just sold off a set of 110s a few weeks back. Have had quite a few JBL's. I have been really liking the Decade 26's. Patrick ended up with the Type K's I had, have been really liking the E's, and being in a small listening space they fill the area with no problem. Man now I want to go home and start playing music! :)

20180416_190413.jpg nothing special here, but im happy with it and here it is.
42"lcd, ps3 500 gig hd.
marantz sr7000 surround sound 5.1- but 5.2
with a y cable, for 2 10" nonported cambridge sound works subwoofers (bought the pair for 40 bucks) kenwood center channel.
ads 1290 II'- need to replace cables,
*temp speakers- old school technics 3 ways
pioneer rear surrounds.
looking for a new audio rack now.

Great set up !! Love it!!

Holy cow! I forgot to post up an updated pic with both JL subs up and running. After hours and hours of endless positioning, tweaking of phase and gain between both subs, these things freakin' rumble! Together, they easily punch out a solid and room pressurizing 20 Hz. Unfortunately, the tone generator on the dbx only goes to 20 Hz, so I can't test below that. LOL

p2818351457-5.jpg

p2818539140-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom