Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Thanks, I enjoy it, both visually and audibly. A good friend told me, "your style may not be for everyone, but at least you have a style". I took that as a compliment.

I recently added this to my collection (a birthday gift to myself):

Master_Crafters_Starlight.jpg

It will be residing atop the speaker on the left to balance out the lamp on the right.

Anything you can tell us about the clock?
...year, country of origin, etc?

Very cool!

Anything you can tell us about the clock?
...year, country of origin, etc?

Very cool!

It's a Mastercrafters Starlight clock from 1959. Made in the U.S.A. It was advertised as a television clock. There is a switch on the side of the base for turning the light off and on. Here's an ad from a 1960 catalog:

photo-763101.jpg

It's not even close to my most valuable Goodwill find, but is one of my favorites. It's just such a beautiful clock, a real work of art IMHO.

It's a Mastercrafters Starlight clock from 1959. Made in the U.S.A. It was advertised as a television clock. There is a switch on the side of the base for turning the light off and on. Here's an ad from a 1960 catalog:

photo-763101.jpg

It's not even close to my most valuable Goodwill find, but is one of my favorites. It's just such a beautiful clock, a real work of art IMHO.

Very nice find!
Work of art indeed....creative design for sure.
Ever seen one before....were you looking for this specifically or just happen upon it and like it?

Very nice find!
Work of art indeed....creative design for sure.
Ever seen one before....were you looking for this specifically or just happen upon it and like it?

Totally random find. I saw it and immediately had to have it. You never know what you're going to find at Goodwill. I went back to the same Goodwill 4 days later and found this in the exact same spot on the shelf:

Sony_XDR-_F1_HD_1.jpg

They probably thought it was a cheap clock radio.

OK, like many of us, the tiny listening room (10' x 13') stays the same, but the speakers have changed once again..... for the last time....really. :)

I have wanted these for several years, and at last was able to swing it. Like the last horn that I had in the room they do quite well. I'd love to have a big room, but I don't. These are staying with me until my wife plants me in the ground. :banana:

Attachments

• IMAG0504.jpg
    IMAG0504.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 166
OK, like many of us, the tiny listening room (10' x 13') stays the same, but the speakers have changed once again..... for the last time....really. :)

I have wanted these for several years, and at last was able to swing it. Like the last horn that I had in the room they do quite well. I'd love to have a big room, but I don't. These are staying with me until my wife plants me in the ground. :banana:
Man talk about near field listening :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Awesome !

What are those?!?

Sorry, the photo sucks.... JBL M2's
I spend most of the time listening @ 3 feet from them while reading at the computer and roll back on the chair to @ 9 feet for "serious" listening when the occasion warrants it. Haha.
Same process (rolling back in desk chair) only with much smaller speakers. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom