Trimmed the LP collection,
swapped the Marantz with a Yamaha integrated,
added Beyer DT 880 cans,
TT is in my workshop till Saturday,
added Dust And Grooves <= arrived from Amazon w/a damaged spine so it was free,
cordless mouse replaced the 20 yo same model but corded,
otherwise - SSDD - same setup different day
43745195800_39d764da73_o.jpg

AK Frankenfest button. Spellcheck in isle 7 please!
45512595892_69981a5d97_o.jpg

Last edited:
The 11' x 15' den last November
38068559182_b903a69254_b.jpg

Trimmed the LP collection,
swapped the Marantz with a Yamaha integrated,
added Beyer DT 880 cans,
TT is in my workshop till Saturday,
added Dust And Grooves <= arrived from Amazon w/a damaged spine so it was free,
cordless mouse replaced the 20 yo same model but corded,
otherwise - SSDD - same setup different day
43745195800_39d764da73_o.jpg

AK Frankenfest button. Spellcheck in isle 7 please!
45512595892_69981a5d97_o.jpg
Short and sweet (coming from me at least...): Now that is how you use a corner! Mowgli, I love how (presumably) you damn near perfectly blended the wall color and blinds. On top of the visual relaxation, you positioned your system and speakers very well in an area of a room most listener's tend to avoid. To my knowledge, most listeners go for the "long wall" of a given room, almost never a corner. Now all you "have to" do is throw on Supertramp's Crime of the Century as displayed in the second photo and enjoy the remainder of your day.

Latest_system_800x600.jpg

Another member of the corner club (and new AK member) here. 11 x 15 room with one corner pushed in (where I have the equipment rack). I had some small Magneplanars and a subwoofer in the corner but recently acquired these Sopra 3's for use in a future house with hopefully a larger listening room. Put them in roughly the same spot where I had the Maggies and after a bit of fine-tuning they are sounding very nice there. Picture is taken from just behind the listening position, I roll my chair back from the desk and use a foot stool. I was initially concerned that the Sopra 3 would be too large for this room, but since I leave the double doors open, the volume of air increases greatly and there is no problem. There is also a large overhead skylight well which adds probably 25% to the cubic feet of the room.

Nice! How do you like the 252?
I really like it!

I replaced the Counterpoint SA3.1 preamp that I've been using since I bought it in '86 and an Adcom GFA 555 power amp that had been in my system since '88. I still have the best of both worlds; a tube front end and a SS power amp, but this time they're rolled into one!

Last edited:
IMG_4962.JPG
My section of our "family cave", almost done except for taming the speaker wires. Audio output is transparent and detailed, no listening fatigue. Room is approximately 12'x12' but actual foot print of audio stuff and listening space occupies only 1/3 of the room. I listen to CD's and FLAC, mostly.

Last edited:
IMG-20181030-191516-01.jpg

Wharfedale Denton

IMG-20181019-141018-01.jpg

Mission M72
Welcome to AK, miko16. You have a nice setup, rack, and rug. Yes, I like the rug! What I also like is how you managed to achieve an almost perfect blend of color between the speaker stands and subwoofer cabinet. Whether or not doing so was intentional, it provides a nice visual contrast between the white walls/floor and black rack and components.

Welcome to AK, miko16. You have a nice setup, rack, and rug. Yes, I like the rug! What I also like is how you managed to achieve an almost perfect blend of color between the speaker stands and subwoofer cabinet. Whether or not doing so was intentional, it provides a nice visual contrast between the white walls/floor and black rack and components.

Thanks for the warm welcome, still thinking whether i would change to black stand or just use this wood stand, current stand is a bit too high for the denton. appreciate your comment :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom