Show Off Your Small Listening Space

How much for materials for something like that? I want just a 39-40" wide, low 2 shelf version of something like that. I found something that could work on Wayfair for like $80 shipped. But money is money.
Maybe $15 for hardware, the wood is from leftover projects, so that would be your biggest expense if you have to buy it.

00E24991-0201-4919-9DAC-2B6BF6537526.jpeg

Here is a prototype of a small, close field level system with a NAD 7000, SONOS, blu-ray, old VCR and DVD combo and my old beloved Dahlquist DQM-5’s. I think it sounds darn good. My wife is going to let me keep it up there, but she does not love those “large“ speakers. . Oh Well, she will get used to it. And she will like watching “This is Us” and other like shows up there also.

Last edited:
View attachment 1445814 View attachment 1445815 The equipment is off to the side.. but here is my space with Martin USA speakers set up!

I can open the shades and see the neighbors house, but beyond that I see Signal Mountain in the backdrop... it is nearly impressive.

Here is my larger space attached as well. :)

A

Martin speakers are real sleepers! The son of the owner of Martin Speakers is a member here on AK.

Wow, thanks!

I still need to hang some things on the walls, get a coffee table, and so. But I do think it's coming together nicely myself.
This is actually my bedroom - the sofa folds out, and all my clothes and stuff are by the wall opposite the window. But I'm trying to make it as cosy as I can, so i can hang out in there and listen to music, in stead of the living room, so it won't bother my flatmates too much.

20 years ago I built what has become known as the TNT-HiFi Flexy rack. It's pretty much the same as any rack using allthread for the vertical rods. check out Tnt-Audio for more information.

This is my small office where i spend a lot of time ( 2x2.5m )
Speakers Triangle Titus EX, and Amplifier Nakamichi Receiver 2
Room treatment is Auralex Roominator D36, did a great job to this small bad room, i want to put some bass traps and maybe i get a small subwoofer Rel T-zero
English is not my native language, sorry if i mistake something

This is my small office where i spend a lot of time ( 2x2.5m )
Speakers Triangle Titus EX, and Amplifier Nakamichi Receiver 2
Room treatment is Auralex Roominator D36, did a great job to this small bad room, i want to put some bass traps and maybe i get a small subwoofer Rel T-zero
English is not my native language, sorry if i mistake something

Looking good!! Welcome and enjoy!!

How does that Stellar S300 do with your Forte's? I love my M700's!

It sounds absolutely AWESOME! I really wanted the M700's but the more practical side of my brain said it was stupid :( so I went with the S300. The room isn't big enough to justify that amount of power. Right now I'm listening to Scale the Summit - V, at about 90db :rockon:

I really wanted the M700's but the more practical side of my brain said it was stupid :( so I went with the S300. The room isn't big enough to justify that amount of power.

Likewise here. I was going to get the S300 as well, but then I came across these M700's on the PS Audio forum, barely used for only a few months and an excellent price, just a little more than a brand new S300.

I mean, do you really think I need 350 to 700 watts for my little Sonus Faber's which are only rated for 150 watts? LOL

I mean, do you really think I need 350 to 700 watts for my little Sonus Faber's which are only rated for 150 watts? LOL

I'll bet they sound real sweet though...

I picked up a PS Audio PWD MKII real cheap and since I don't have any DSD files but a ton of CD rips it was a great marriage even with the previous Maggie's.

I see a lot of really great looking setups here in this thread! :D

The OP mentioned near field, and that is what seems to have naturally occurred with my computer in my home office that's just finally reaching completion. I had originally intended a set of bookshelves aiming over into the lounge area, but I then remembered that I had this old Bose AM5/Sii sat/sub leftover from the 90s and decided to put it to good use. These may not sound all that fantastic trying to fill a livingroom with sound, but at nearfield, they're actually pretty damn good! LOL

Anyways, here are a few shots:

IMG_8045.JPG
IMG_8047.JPG
IMG_8079.JPG

I'll still end up with a set of 'main' speakers in here for the lounge area eventually, but it's kinda cool how this actually worked out - when I first started this project back here I hadn't even remembered I had these in the closet.

EDIT: OMG is that a stray speaker cable breaching like a whale from behind the Bose module? LOL

Cool shelving system. I like having speakers about that wide, though I can't see the rest of the room.
There is a trundle bed on the left that would be nice to open without moving the speaker, which would be required now. It is a nice little shelving system though. Vintage too, from my dutch mother in law.

Back
Top Bottom