Show us a picture of your mcintosh system

I like the look of the rustic shelf and exposed brick, but I'm sure it sounds better on a dedicated audio rack like your last photo. Your rack looks like my Target Audio rack I have.

I like the look of the rustic shelf and exposed brick, but I'm sure it sounds better on a dedicated audio rack like your last photo. Your rack looks like my Target Audio rack I have.

Thanks everyone :thmbsp:

A friend recently bought an arc welder so I ordered up a bunch of 1 inch and 1/2 inch square stock and we build that black rack, it weighs almost as much as the amp LOL

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :thmbsp:

A friend recently bought an arc welder so I ordered up a bunch of 1 inch and 1/2 inch square stock and we build that black rack, it weighs almost as much as the amp LOL

I like the industrial look with Mac gear. Is it going to look like this Target Audio rack I'm using?

Last edited:
Hello guys & gals,

My first post here. Had been longing for a McIntosh for many a year and finally got myself an MC275 Mk IV about a year ago. I actually had the chance to test out both the MC302 and the MC275 in system at home.

Both great amps, and despite loving the aesthetics of the blue meters, I went with the MC275. Sonically, it just had a certain 'X' factor that did it for me.

So, I'm only just in the McIntosh club :) .... but here's my system. The MC275 is centre piece, in more ways that one....

Hi Dave, i see you found your way here in AK, Welcome!!!

This is Andrei from SNA...

Now i know how your system looks like mate....Great system you got there...

cheers

Driven to drinking

Was about to comment that "you Mc guys drive me to drink".... cocktail hour that is, make that cocktail THREE hours.

After running some output tests in the room and getting into party mode, the following pic was taken with a Canon PowerShot on a Canon Monopod 500. The monopod is VERY easy to carry and reposition, and allows for leaning and tilting to get just the right angle.

Let is all hang out!

radical_McIntosh_gear.jpg
-
rack_March_2012.jpg

Yep.. the 2205 is in PANLOC detent so vents in the meter cover are exposed. :scratch2:

-Gregory

Last edited:
My MR78, C-32 and MC-2205 Rack Mounted

The 2205 stays cold to the touch, wasn't the case when in wood enclosure.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1020071.jpg
    P1020071.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 453
My first Mcintosh system....

So far I like what Mcintosh has to offer.

Attachments

• DSCN0686.jpg
    DSCN0686.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 89
6.0 and 2.0 system

There are 2 systems feeding the 3 stereo equalizers and amps. The 207 drives the Left and right tri-amped speakers with super tweeters and the HF of the center channel Bi amped speaker with Super tweeters. The 206 drives the bass of the center, the rear and the sides. It was replaced by another 207 recently. The Stereo system is driven by a C-34, the HT by a MX119 in this picture. Other changes are going on; the MAC3 will be replaced by a RFD2, A MVP891 will be added, the 861 will stay or be replaced by a MCD 500. The out put of the stereo preamp or HT processor is switched when the C-34 is turned on or off. In addition there is a passive analog circuit for the C-34 to drive the center and side channels if desired. The center can either receive a L+R signal or L-R signal, the sides a L-R signal. The Marantz Professional CS recorder acts as tape 1 for the C-34. the 3bx and SAE graphic EQ are feeding the recorder. The DBX 119 can be switched in for making CD for the Motor home or cars to limit dynamic range. Nakamichi cassette is there for transcribing cassettes to CD. The JVC is there to transcribe VHS tapes to DVD or to time shift. The Sony pro super Beta deck, the Sony Umatic decks, the Revox B-77 HS and A77 IV, the Ampex reel to reels, AG 500-2 HS, Ampex F44, Ampex 300-4/2 have all been retired. Anyone need 300 lbs of Atlas mic stands?

Attachments

• DSN_0675.jpg
    DSN_0675.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSN_0650.jpg
    DSN_0650.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSN_0653.jpg
    DSN_0653.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSN_0648.jpg
    DSN_0648.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 106
There are 2 systems feeding the 3 stereo equalizers and amps. The 207 drives the Left and right tri-amped speakers with super tweeters and the HF of the center channel Bi amped speaker with Super tweeters. The 206 drives the bass of the center, the rear and the sides. It was replaced by another 207 recently. The Stereo system is driven by a C-34, the HT by a MX119 in this picture. Other changes are going on; the MAC3 will be replaced by a RFD2, A MVP891 will be added, the 861 will stay or be replaced by a MCD 500. The out put of the stereo preamp or HT processor is switched when the C-34 is turned on or off. In addition there is a passive analog circuit for the C-34 to drive the center and side channels if desired. The center can either receive a L+R signal or L-R signal, the sides a L-R signal. The Marantz Professional CS recorder acts as tape 1 for the C-34. the 3bx and SAE graphic EQ are feeding the recorder. The DBX 119 can be switched in for making CD for the Motor home or cars to limit dynamic range. Nakamichi cassette is there for transcribing cassettes to CD. The JVC is there to transcribe VHS tapes to DVD or to time shift. The Sony pro super Beta deck, the Sony Umatic decks, the Revox B-77 HS and A77 IV, the Ampex reel to reels, AG 500-2 HS, Ampex F44, Ampex 300-4/2 have all been retired. Anyone need 300 lbs of Atlas mic stands?

Are those Bozak Concert Grands?

That's how Pop's system cabinet looked only smaller.. his record changer in the left compartment with a hinged cover, and the Integrated (mounted face-up) in the right compartment with hinged cover.

Does that mean you're an old-timer? :thmbsp:

-Gregory

I forgot to mention, the Stax and Signet headphones driven by the 2505. And the electronic UREI 3 way crossovers. The MPI 4 monitors the out put of the 2 207 LF channels to the main speakers. with the meters of the 207 monitoring the MID/HIs of the L&R channel and center channel MID/HF and super tweeter. The other amp monitors the LF to the center and the sides. The old TD 125 with a Rabco Sl-8E has a Dynavector Highoutput 20X2. The JVC, Nakamichi will go soon, leaving room for an Aries 3 with the resin tone arm and XX2. I still have my modified Ampex MX35 tube mixers, and assorted condenser microphones. The MR-80 is playing Chrismas music now. What is not shown are the HD Apple TV's and Apple Airport Expresses, thru ought the house that allow me to feed music and Video and Slide shows from my iMac.

Yeah, those are Grands supplemented with 4 Celestion Super tweeters in each enclosure. The center speaker is a Low boy Symphony with an additional super tweeter. The sides are Bozak 313, a 302 in a small cabinet. The rear is another low boy Symphony. The center Moorish cabinet was an extra section wider than the standard cabinets Bozak made. I came in a Cherry finish and was stripped and stained walnut to match the Moorish Grands. I purchased the Grands in Dec of 1969 and the the supper tweeters were added in early 71. I driven the speakers with 275s, 2100s. 2200s, 2250,s- 7200's, Crown DC-300's and P2sa and now 207's. But everything else being Mac. On loan I've had 3500's, 2300's, etc, when the speakers had passive crossovers. I've installed Grands with 3500's, 2300,s, Yamahas, Crown, adcom ,etc. The best sound was from the 3500's for tubes, the best SS 7200's with a close tie to my current 207's.

If being 68 years young and still being able to hear 17khz make me an old timer, so be it.

At 68 you are an old timer, I'm just 66. I began in 1968 with: McIntosh MC2105, C26, MR71, Revox B77, Thorens TD125, Rabco SL-8E, and Bozak Symphony B4000. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.

If you have not heard new PMC speakers yet, you will be amazed how good transmission line speakers sound compared to bass reflex and sealed systems of the past and even today.

current system showing Mc

One photo shows left channel ML-1C with Technics SL-1210 Mk2 turntable behind it on desk, with Ortofon Concorde head-shell/cartridge combo using stylus 30. Between the blue pole and the beige file cabinet you can see the edge of a mounted but as yet unhung Mc poster (speaker and Steinway). SL-1210 is playing Chopin.

Other photo shows MC-2100 and C-27 and top edge of right channel ML-1C.
Amp and pre-amp are on fine audio rack, e.g. Home Depot heavy duty shelving, which serves the purpose considering there is no movement of the basement floor. On top of C-27 is the MQ-102 for the ML-1C speakers.

Attachments

• 100_4348.jpg
    100_4348.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_4347.jpg
    100_4347.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 147
Hey Guys,
Here is my modest baby!

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0034.jpg
    DSC_0034.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 158
I've herd PMC speakers at Audio Classics and though the balance was right, they just didn't grab me. Plus I could hear the fact the low bass was always behind the transients and harmonics of the fundamental, just like a Klipschorn. Even though A Mac1K is impressive from Mac there is that tendency, too, in addition to the fact the ports or tuned labyrinths of the Macs or PMC band width is to wide and colors the upper bass to much. I much prefer the sound of the XR 290 generation, no ports . Even though the Snell A7 Phantom has ports and has a similar balance to a PMC, I prefer the Snell sound. Even an XRT 28 sounds better if you have a room EQ to correct the color around 500 to 800 hz. Just because the 28 doesn't produce well above 16 khz and has two mid columns that color the sound, the bass is more to my liking.

Back
Top Bottom