Show us something of yours that's small.

jhtstone

StarShine 10/23/2014
With in my dedicated listening room I have the usual compilation of gear, media, pictures, etc. I also have a few small items. Items that are here because of a theme, a memory, or just because I like them. They are here to complement the experience. They provide visual joy.

Here are a couple...

As an avid Charlie Brown fan, with books all the way back to the 50's, I think this one is cool. I particularly like the fact that it is the "old" Snoopy.
attachment.php

The dragon came from a favorite old couple down the street when I was growing up. I often got in trouble for stopping there for a hour on the way home from school. The turtle has been around since it was in an aquarium when I was about 5 years old.
attachment.php

Show us your small things. :yes:

Attachments

• gyorkos pic 210.jpg
    gyorkos pic 210.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,886
Peanuts, Calvin & Hobbes, The Annotated Alice... we have a very similar literary heritage!

I used to have a few fluffy 'dress-up' Snoopys, with goggles, flying helmet, etc, but they were stolen from a storage locker.

Here's my hi-fi concrete chunk. It reduces the resonance of the case top with the power supply transformer vibration. It's high-density concrete from the research reactor at the university here where I did some neutron scattering studies back in my grad school days.

591d23f6-9479-4c5a-8e89-19385e4d1c5c_zps9d6f1468.jpg

Otto

Here's a rock concert, one of two I have. The other one is smaller, but I don't have a picture handy.

glasshead_zpsb3460b87.jpg

This guy is much smaller than his Star Wars counterpart. ..

But he does a good job of making sure my Adcom pre doesn't get out of line...

:)

Matt

Attachments

• 20140604_131328.jpg
    20140604_131328.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 428
Small full range speaker

Here is a 1'' fullrange driver from 15'' lcd tv monitor. Really good sound from such a tiny thing.

Attachments

• DSC01215.jpg
    DSC01215.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 142
Listening space or workshop? all the same to me :D

An ancient E. A. Berg 1528 4½, made in Sweden out of pure high carbon steel, inherited from my grandad.
It still works fine, cuts with authority and feels balanced in your hands, SOLID quality, you can squeeze it as hard as you like, it won't give a millimeter, best wirecutter you can imagine!

b2fb3ebb_AUT_9702.jpeg

Last edited:
Donald approves of my music choices.

Attachments

• WP_20140605_16_38_58_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140605_16_38_58_Pro.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 132
Keep 'em coming please! This is entertaining. :thmbsp:

Every one has something small that they are fond of.

The first present my wife ever gave me (before she was my wife obviously). He's gone with me to Germany, Afghanistan and 5 different states. He's had his ear chewed up by my dog, both eyes pulled off by my son and somewhere along the way lost his aviator glasses and his right eyebrow.

Back
Top Bottom