Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

OK, let's see how this works out. I used my wife's Nikon D750. This is just the pair of JBL L200/300s with some support from the subs.

The wires are so I can A/B my tweeter crossover modifications to "unveil" the 2405s. This playback has them on for the duration. No eq is used in this playback.

Your L200's sound great on my L200's! :dunno: :rockon:

Well, this thread is proving to be one of my most anticipated reads here in recent weeks. It's nearly like hanging out at a friends and just admiring music and sound reproduction together. Have not heard a bad one in the bunch, I understand that the process of adequate recording is a tall order, but visualizing listening spaces and equipment is enough, we can fill in the voids of recording quality with our imaginations. But what fun, I mean where am I going to get a chance to hear Michael Green Chameleon Speakers with a Jeff Rowland amp?
Or get a glimpse of Glen's wall of speakers being driven by his prized JVC and McIntosh amps. Or that Luxman and the Studio Labs, and the great vintage JBL's. And 427's impressive glowing wall of Macs, great stuff.

Your system sounds great and love your listening room!
Thank you! I'm getting settled into this new room finally. It was a pleasure hearing and seeing your 910's and other speakers. I have a soft spot for big ADS's with the dome mids.

Michael Green Chameleon Speakers
Custom 12sn7 tube preamp
Jeff Rowland Model 112 amplifier
Teac UD501 DAC
Yamaha BD-S681Blu-ray/CD player

Song: Let You Down, Dave Matthews Band, Crash (1996)

Beautiful! Must ask, are you using remote mics? I heard no change in sound when you went behind the speakers.

Thanks! Yes, I'm using a cheap Zoom H1 stereo mic to prevent compromising the sound while walking around the room.

View attachment 998696
I just went to the Zoom site but didn't see how this connect or syncs with your camera. Also checked their Q2n video camera and that looks great for recording videos.
Glenn

I just went to the Zoom site but didn't see how this connect or syncs with your camera. Also checked their Q2n video camera and that looks great for recording videos.
Glenn
It records on its own SD card independent from the camera. No connection or cable is necessary. After recording, I import the sound file and video file into iMovie and combine them. It's a very simple process.

Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 8.11.18 AM.png

Glenn, here's BEA1991 back at you with the New Advent based garage system - which is where you'll usually find me in good weather. Sound carries pretty well out in the drive - good thing my neighbor enjoys it. :)

Love it! The system really projects well, sounds great!
Love BEA! Check out some of her other songs.

Glenn, here's BEA1991 back at you with the New Advent based garage system - which is where you'll usually find me in good weather. Sound carries pretty well out in the drive - good thing my neighbor enjoys it. :)

Man, that's a beautiful, peaceful-looking neighborhood you live in. That short video made me want to just grab an icy beverage and sit on the lawn chair outside your garage and listen to the music.

GeeDeeEmm

Man, that's a beautiful, peaceful-looking neighborhood you live in. That short video made me want to just grab an icy beverage and sit on the lawn chair outside your garage and listen to the music.

GeeDeeEmm
Made me wish my garage had power, but I have some nice outdoor Bostons by my deck that sound pretty good!

Made me wish my garage had power, but I have some nice outdoor Bostons by my deck that sound pretty good!
Originally, there wasn't power in the left closet where the gear lives. Had an electrician run conduit to it.

Sound out by the deck is a beautiful thing. :) Mine is nothing fancy, just some Parts Express full rangers in a ceiling mounting but connected to the music server and controllable via iPhone.

Made me wish my garage had power....

That should be easy to fix, Glen. Just invite 'ole Sparky, the neighborhood electrician, and his brood over for a steak dinner. Be sure to mention that you'd have loved to hold the whole affair outside in front of the garage, but you don't have any power out there . . . .

GeeDeeEmm

Back
Top Bottom