Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Heh, they sounded so good sberger I spent some time looking those up on CL to see if there are any locally. Found some 5's going for $35. I'd get them to be honest If they were closer to me. Nice Job fella.

That's nice to hear. Thanks.

I don't know how far they are from you, but if they're working you're stealing the 5's at that price. Hell, if you don't like them you could sell them for 5-10x that. Amazing that somebody would price them that low.

Heh, they sounded so good sberger I spent some time looking those up on CL to see if there are any locally. Found some 5's going for $35. I'd get them to be honest If they were closer to me. Nice Job fella.
Get in your car and floor it! Unless they are ready for the town dump, that is a steal! The Fives are incredible speakers designed to compete with the AR-3a's.

Get in your car and floor it! Unless they are ready for the town dump, that is a steal! The Fives are incredible speakers designed to compete with the AR-3a's.
And ......... they are gone. They were about 40 miles away. I see another set about 50 miles away going for $250. Story of my life, Day late dollar short. Only I wasn't a dollar short this time.

That's nice to hear. Thanks.

I don't know how far they are from you, but if they're working you're stealing the 5's at that price. Hell, if you don't like them you could sell them for 5-10x that. Amazing that somebody would price them that low.

As happens so very often, Dad dies and the kids just sell the stuff in the garage to get rid of stuff. Doesn't happen every day but often in the naked city. This thread above all others has really helped to open my eyes on vintage speakers.

It's happend to me so many times, were I'll commit to a buy on CL on something 30 or 40 miles away, assure the seller I'm on my way, and he'll sell it before I get there. Same excuse ... sorry fella first come first buy.

Was concerned bout them being bad, but the they looked pretty good and the seller said "Sound great" Would have been worth the price of admission to be honest, but as I said above, they were a way's far and it's not country miles. I still have to tell myself every day GD, stay focused on my current projects. I still have to finish this room and ... get grill cloths on these ADS's.

And ......... they are gone. They were about 40 miles away. I see another set about 50 miles away going for $250. Story of my life, Day late dollar short. Only I wasn't a dollar short this time.
Don't sweat it! Many gems slipped through my fingers, just to have others fall right into my palms!
Hear ya on current projects! That's why I try to not get bogged down with them, then it seems you make no progress at all!

Mendelssohn.
Pardon the smallish and a little bright presentation. I’m awaiting some new front end gear. So this was a battery powered pulse DAC disc player. It was and still is a good (sleeper) machine. But it has its limitations.

Last edited:
The ProAc 2.5s nailed the bass guitar and percussion in that track, mikebyc. So not only does your listening space feature a good decor, the sound kicks ass too.

Thanks, I wish I could get a recording that conveyed the midrange and too end properly, the horns in that track really have a nice blat but its lost through the mic.

Took in a pair of Forte II's on trade recently. I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised with these things. Here they are playing through my 299c fed directly by a Chromecast Audio. Shot with Sony A7ii using internal mic.

Last edited:
Thanks, I wish I could get a recording that conveyed the midrange and too end properly, the horns in that track really have a nice blat but its lost through the mic.
You're welcome. And since I'm not dyslexic, I meant "mikeybc," not "mikebyc."

Those Onkyos are gorgeous. Sound great, too. You always have cool (and rare) gear.

Many thanks. Say your video sound quality is way above the rest of us. What’s the secret?
EDIT: I see it is the Sony A7II. That’s a good sounding camera mic!
And an H1. Hmmm seems one of those little recorder’s audio can sync up with my phone video Hmmmm.

Last edited:
Many thanks. Say your video sound quality is way above the rest of us. What’s the secret?
EDIT: I see it is the Sony A7II. That’s a good sounding camera mic!
And an H1. Hmmm seems one of those little recorder’s audio can sync up with my phone video Hmmmm.
You got it! The internal mic on the A7ii is pretty good, but I think the files from Zoom H1 sound better. With the H1, I just capture the audio on the H1 and shoot the video with the A7ii or my phone and sync the audio/video in iMovie. Might sound complicated, but it's pretty straightforward.

Not sure how to get a really good needle drop that includes the entire frequency range. My surface pro makes it sound like a transistor radio

Loreena McKennitt - Live at the Alhambra

JVC QL-50 Signet Cart, Antique Sound Lab valve preamp, Mcintosh MC2125 power amp, Infinity QL-2 speakers.

Wow, I watched your vid before reading your post and was pleasantly startled by the crowd cheering at the end. I didn’t realize I was listening to a live recording. I thoroughly enjoyed that. :thumbsup:

Same system, different recording method. This time Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms with Zoom H1 recording the audio in 98/24.

Sounds fantastic!
Thanks! Check the comments on this vid. I have no idea what this guy's going on about. Something about his "midspeaker" being superior because it plays 300hz lower than mine and that it sounds identical to his headphones. :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom