Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

I've very much enjoyed every video folks have posted. Like no other thread before it, this one has really motivated and inspired me. I hope these videos help to inspire others to post their systems. Remember each according to our needs, each according to our ability's. If you wake up tomorrow and turn on your system, and it makes you smile .... YOU WIN! And that there, is all that matters. It is my intent to do a vid of my modest system soon. I work nights 6 days a week, and only have a few hours on Sunday after mowing the lawn to enjoy it, before everyone heads off to bed, and I have to turn it down. As there isn't a decent video of my ADS L1230's I want to do a good job so I can get a smile out of @GD70 (humor).
Hey Spiceman!
I'm smiling as I watch all these videos!
All you gents have systems to be proud of! It's a video road trip to all your listening spaces!

As I've stated more than once, I don't classify my music listening habits as those of an audiophile. I define them as "hardcore listening." With that said, what I'm loving about this thread is how a group of completely different systems are bringing music from a variety of genres to life. In the span of a mere eight pages (as of 08/16/17, 3:38 p.m. CST), tunes from to Kenny G (smooth jazz), Maxwell(r&b), Alexandre Guilmant (classical), Nat King Cole (jazz vocal), Rod Stewart (rock), Alan Parsons Project (progressive rock), Dave Martone (fusion), etc. have flowed out into posters' listening spaces, and quite honestly, they sound amazing. I finally got a chance to sit down and listen to these videos to completion and found myself going back to several to do a "double listen." GD70, I don't know what prompted you to start this thread, but wow... it was a great idea.
Hey KSAC!
I did a few random videos, got a few positive comments, then a couple other AKer's posted a few and I thought it would be fun to start a video thread. We all enjoy posting pics of our systems, and seeing others, why not get a taste of how they sound! I agree hearing all the different genres on different systems is great!
I'm away on vacation this week, but plan to post a few more with the DCM Time Windows, the Angelica's, and the ADS L980's, and AR-12's.
Cheers!
Glenn

And now for something completely different than my last video. :)

Cool, sound tracks, you inspired me to do a couple vids around a time period and out of the norm in post #165. I listen to most stuff but I wouldn't have though about making a vid of it.

Here is the whole album someone else recorded their turntable playing, it's a cool jamming album.
[Vinyl Album] California Smoker ‎– D2D Chapter 1 --Full LP-- [HQ HD]

Full unedited audio from vinyl. Sorry about the video artifacting, no idea what happened there. Doesn't affect audio.

Enjoy this amazing recording and I highly recommend finding a copy to pick up for yourself.

Label: 2000 B.C. ‎– 001
Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Limited Edition, Direct To Disc
Released: 1978
Genre: Jazz, Latin, Funk / Soul
Style: Jazz-Funk, Samba, Funk, Disco

A1 Copacabana (0:12)
A2 Feels So Good (5:06)
A3 Another Star (10:05)
A4 I Go To Rio (14:58)
B1 Pamela (20:01)
B2 Just The Way You Are (25:16)
B3 Fantasy (28:51)
B4 I Wish (33:43)

And for the other track I did came from this album, Japan Pressing.
Lee Ritenour, Don Grusin, Ernie Watts, Alex Acuna - Session II 1979

1 Puzzle People
2 The Baron
3 Fly By Night
4 Single Again
5 All Night Lover
6 Souvenirs/Tahiti, Tahiti

Drums – Alex Acuna
Electric Bass – Bill Dickenson
Electric Guitar – Lee Ritenour
Engineer – Phil Schier
Executive-Producer – Hiroshi Kawakami
Keyboards – Don Grusin, Peter Robinson
Mastered By – Darrell Johnson
Percussion – Steve Forman
Producer – Toshi Endo
Saxophone, Flute – Ernie Watts
Vocals – Bill Champlin, Carmen Twillie, Vennette Gloud

Recorded at Filmways / Heider Recording Studio, L.A., CA on March 1979. (Originally the RCA Recording Studios in the RCA Building at 6363 Sunset Blvd Hollywood, CA)
This is a Yamaha Digital Master Recording as well as a "Direct to Disc" record so two sets of recordings were made. See YDD-1117 for the "Direct to Disk" version.

Last edited:
The LST's sound terrific! I only wish it was lighter so we could see your gear better!
Cheers!

Hi Glen, I'll fix that tonight. That is just the way I always listen, the only lights are over the TT and the Fantasia Comet in the corner lol

Currently running some fantastic Sonab OA-14 speakers that have been tastefully modified.

That's the first time I've ever heard Sonabs and I am impressed. Very impressed. I second KDAC's request for a more extended video with some vocals on board!

Was it just my ears or the recording, or did I pick up a hotter treble response from the right speaker?

Can't wait to hear more of those.

GeeDeeEmm

The wife and my sister visiting went shopping. :banana:... A little ringing in the ears still.

Those opportunities make for the best listening sessions. You get to feel the music in addition to merely hearing it and no one else in the household is bothered by it. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Was it just my ears or the recording, or did I pick up a hotter treble response from the right speaker?

That's possible depending on where the mic was in relation to the 4 tweeters. The array points in all sorts of directions. These are not near field speakers. They work best when the listening space is large and the listening position is less than the perfect triangle. Somehow they still image well. They are quite something.

More vids to come.

Commodores - Sail On.

The Denon TT is now hooked up through the Yamaha phono and I think it sounds good. I didn't use the Pure Direct - I cranked up the bass and and treble a bit. I still think it sounds good. Bonus Chocolate Lab at the end! Speakers line level out to the Dayton sub-800, then out to the EPI 100's.

A little tasty one from Pronounced 7:21. The wife and my sister visiting went shopping. :banana: Noon on volume about 100 ish db peaking. Meters indicate 25 or so watts. A little ringing in the ears still.

You have a beautiful system and outstanding taste in music !!!!!!

I'm really loving these videos.

Still waiting to hear:

- Some big Bozaks
- A pair of Altec A7/A5s
- A pair of ESS AMTs and/or Rock Monitors
- Some Altec Model 19s
- ADS L810/710
- Some large CVs
- And some JBL 44** s
- I'll think of more . . . .

GeeDeeEmm

Last edited: