Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

It's all cool! We like what we like. Some of the stuff on these videos aren't my cup of tea either, but it's about the sound and diversity.
That's what makes this so interesting and fun.

Agreed. And just to be clear, I meant least favorite of the ones you've showcased, GD70. Not the entire thread.

Bottom line...if any of y'all lived closer, your beer budget would go down cuz I'd be showin' up with beer under my arm now and again. :D

Last edited:
Agreed. And just to be clear, I meant least favorite of the ones you've showcased, GD70. Not the entire thread.

Bottom line...if any of y'all lived closer, you're beer budget would go down cuz I'd be showin' up with beer under my arm now and again. :D
So is it the song choice, or the amp-speaker combination?

Well ALL of the systems that I've heard are "colored" by my Advent computer monitors so I won't render opinions on any one system. Sure there are differences in fullness and tonality, but all are colored, so I assume that none are truely representative. But I will say that the ADS system seems impressive in its detail.

This is one reason that I won't put up the sound of my system..., coupled by the fact that I have no good way to record it that would present a representative sampling. (No I don't have an i-phone or any cellular service for that matter. That's how people disturb you when you're enjoying life.)

BUT, anyone in the So Cal area is welcome to come over and hear it first hand. :music:

I have to like your post, I have a CR 2040 that was purchased new in 79, and it was paired to a new set of L810's.

I still have the receiver(needs a restore), sold the speakers, only to pay rent. I have since acquired more ADS speakers. But I have to add, that pairing was absolutely perfect. That video sure brought a smile to my face.
All the suggestions that the 810 is bass "boomy" surprise me. Or course the 2040 is incapable of being boomy so the pairing was just right.

Thanks for the kind words, MJB! I'm glad you got a smile out of the video.
I was a broke-ass college student in 1979 when I first heard ADS speakers. Way, way out of my price range, but what a sound.
I agree, my aging ears enjoy the CR 2040 and the L810s's together.

Well ALL of the systems that I've heard are "colored" by my Advent computer monitors so I won't render opinions on any one system. Sure there are differences in fullness and tonality, but all are colored, so I assume that none are truely representative. But I will say that the ADS system seems impressive in its detail.

This is one reason that I won't put up the sound of my system..., coupled by the fact that I have no good way to record it that would present a representative sampling. (No I don't have an i-phone or any cellular service for that matter. That's how people disturb you when you're enjoying life.)

BUT, anyone in the So Cal area is welcome to come over and hear it first hand. :music:
This is why I suggested listening on headphones.

Thanks for the kind words, MJB! I'm glad you got a smile out of the video.
I was a broke-ass college student in 1979 when I first heard ADS speakers. Way, way out of my price range, but what a sound.
I agree, my aging ears enjoy the CR 2040 and the L810s's together.

I so smiled reading this .... I was young, just about to get married, and living/Working in Sioux City Iowa. I could no way afford an ads system at that time. I had saved and scraped every penny to buy my first system (which I still have to this very day). Knowing that I'll never be able to buy something like this again .. LOL. Pioneer SX 1080, Pl 560 turn table (funny how it's more expensive used), then it was when I bought it) ... and a pair of Altec Model 9's (poorly reviewed) but nice enough to introduce me to jazz and expand my music appreciation and turning me into an eclectic.

Edit: The name of the store there was Vance Pflanz ... I still recall Vance. Many years later I went back to visit him and astonishingly ... he remembered me, and the Altec's I bought. 25 years ago.

I so smiled reading this .... I was young, just about to get married, and living/Working in Sioux City Iowa. I could no way afford an ads system at that time. I had saved and scraped every penny to buy my first system (which I still have to this very day). Knowing that I'll never be able to buy something like this again .. LOL. Pioneer SX 1080, Pl 560 turn table (funny how it's more expensive used), then it was when I bought it) ... and a pair of Altec Model 9's (poorly reviewed) but nice enough to introduce me to jazz and expand my music appreciation and turning me into an eclectic.

Edit: The name of the store there was Vance Pflanz ... I still recall Vance. Many years later I went back to visit him and astonishingly ... he remembered me, and the Altec's I bought. 25 years ago.
Great story!
That's a pretty impressive first system, and very cool you still have it!

So is it the song choice, or the amp-speaker combination?

Well, first off, you set the bar pretty high with those ADS 910's. I guess if I had to put a finger on it, the DCM's sound a bit weak in the bass to me. Regarding the song selection, I'd be curious to hear that SRV tune thru them. Apples to Apples kinda thing. Once again, I ain't sayin' they sound bad. But if the house was on fire, I'd be dragging those 910's out the door. :D

Cheers
DD

I had saved and scraped every penny to buy my first system (which I still have to this very day). Knowing that I'll never be able to buy something like this again .. LOL. Pioneer SX 1080, Pl 560 turn table (funny how it's more expensive used), then it was when I bought it) ... and a pair of Altec Model 9's

How about a video of the Model 9s in action? Would love to be able to "hear" them.

GeeDeeEmm

Well, first off, you set the bar pretty high with those ADS 910's. I guess if I had to put a finger on it, the DCM's sound a bit weak in the bass to me. Regarding the song selection, I'd be curious to hear that SRV tune thru them. Apples to Apples kinda thing. Once again, I ain't sayin' they sound bad. But if the house was on fire, I'd be dragging those 910's out the door. :D

Cheers
DD
I'll do the SRV track through the TW's! Great suggestion!
Glenn

Thanks Dan, I love listening with them. I went to visit a friend yesterday, she has 11 Great Danes. I'll post this video in honor of her dog food budget lol

Aw man that one sucked, no dog sticking his nose in the camera, lapping up water and groaning. :wtf::rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom