Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Those 670s reveal why so many people are crazy about the NS series speakers: the incredible detail and midrange clarity. They also reveal why some people like them, but not so much: a remarkably accurate bass and mid-bass, but a lack of the "warmth" that makes a good speaker feel intimate and inviting.

Personally, I don't look for the same qualities in all speakers, and tend to revel instead in what they do really well. And the NS series does so many things with greatness that I'd be hard pressed to find anything to complain about. Those are simply remarkable speakers.

Thanks for using the Level 42 cut for your demo track. I''m totally unaware of this band, and the chosen track is a gem. Thanks to you, I may have found a new band.

GeeDeeEmm

Thanks Gee Dee! Yeah I'm curious as to how the non-Yamaha guy's will perceive these but I agree with your points. The Level 42 albums I like the best are "World Machine", "Running In The Family", and "Staring At The Sun". I will upload more. You may have awareness of this band because they are staples on classic radio with the song "Something About You".;)

Sorry about the triple posts guys...I had a slow connection and kept trying to post...can the mods remove a couple of those please?
Thanks,
Joe

Two videos that compare my Onkyo's and my AR's. The volume and microphone placement are identical. I even tried to get the speakers in the same spots. Recorded by my galaxy s8 using a cheap pair of over-the-ear headphones as the microphone :D

The song is Only You by Yazoo.

The Onkyos are a bit crisper in the highs, the ARs seem a bit deeper. To be expected because of their respective vintages.
Glenn

Oh what the hell I'll join in. Not sure how it will sound to others. System is Naim NAC 112 Pre, Naim NAP 150 amp, Rega P3 TT, and Epos ES-14 speakers. Song is JC by Sonic Youth from the album Dirty.

Very nice! I looked up the 500ms and they sell for some serious money! Nice speakers!
Thanks Glenn, I was fortunate to get them in minty condition with grills and stands, delivered, for short money. I'll also create a video for the Braun L710's;)

Two videos that compare my Onkyo's and my AR's. The volume and microphone placement are identical. I even tried to get the speakers in the same spots. Recorded by my galaxy s8 using a cheap pair of over-the-ear headphones as the microphone :D

The song is Only You by Yazoo.

Which Onkyo speakers are those?

They are an obscure model. Fusion AV S89s. Probably mid 80s from what i can tell. Ive found no information on them on the net.

1/2" and 1" tweeters wired out of phase, 3-1/2" mid and a 10" woofer with a passive radiator.

Interesting. Well I’ve had a look, and seen many of the fusion models. They definitely sound better than I expected. Nice find:)
$20 is a good deal for some pretty good sound. Have you ever removed any drivers for a peek?

20180121_133715_resized.jpg 20171209_124749_resized_1.jpg
Have you ever removed any drivers for a peek?

I've seen some of the other models but not these. The drivers seem to be pretty decent but the crossover is a bit odd. The caps make some sense but I'm not exactly sure what the blue rectangular thing is. I don't remember the markings but they didn't indicate ufd or mh. It is in line with all the drivers.
Here is a pic

20171209_124749_resized_1.jpg

Here is the speaker

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom