Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Louder! Those meters are barely moving! ;-)
Tim, the system looks great!
That’s funny. U know I want to, but the speakers get a lot outta what they’re given. Especially in here, there’s a lot of brick walls under the plaster, so very little loss haha. JVC sounds great tho, doesn’t it?

I made as good of a comparison of the ARs and Onkyo's in the office as well as the Onkyo's with the full system in the living room. Includes a center, a 12" sub and a couple bookshelves.

They all sound great in "person" really enjoy the mellowness of ARs for certain songs.

For anyone who cares to listen to the same song thrice.

Hell yes. Berry Gordy and the engineers at Motown would be proud of how your system recreated the classic sound of "Motown drums" and those sick bass licks per Bernard Edwards. Excellent video/sound.

Who covered it better, Thelma Houston or Jimmy Summerville with The Communards?

This is what an actual bass guitar sounds like: heft, weight, and "bloom." Taut, rubbery bass refrains that sound as if they were plucked via a set of rubber bands, not steel strings, knocks it out the park every time. Keep posting, please! :)

It's snowing outside and the beer is flowing inside, so I did another video of my Optimus T-100's, this time there in my listening room, I'm driving them with my 2385 (out of frame).

Denten, I've said it before and I'll say it again regarding your posts: whatever speaker/gear combo you use, you continuosly kill it with reproducing the sound of drum kits. To my ear, the vocals and other accompanying instrumentation sounds great - but the drums simply shine.

Here is the upstairs system consisting of the Yamaha CA-800 @avionic refurbished; and NS-670's playing some Sade "Keep Looking". It's got a nice groove and becomes somewhat hypnotic after a while...:)

The only song I've ever liked by Sade was just made a bit sweeter with the fat bass line, perfectly present percussion, and tight, accurate snare strikes. Excellent.

Keep posting, please!

Thanks for the kudos but I can't really take credit. The song is ripped to my computer using Windows lossless format, fed into a Yamaha RX-V990 ($10 At GW :) ) and those AR's (priceless) do the heavy lifting.

I will try to dig up some smooth jams and post something this week. Maybe some Smokey or Barry.

I finally managed to put together a video of my ADS L2030's which are currently undergoing restoration. All the drivers have been rebuilt and I've made new risers for them. Crossovers and switch panels are next up on the to-do list. Link to build thread in signature.

And to think they're not quite done yet!o_O

Compares the L200/300s with the 2241/2251/Heil AMT. Still working on the crossovers and the 18" cabinets need insulation (there is none), and to be tuned a bit lower for the home (previously used in a church).

I've been trying to get that "dark cloud" off Joni's voice for years. This seems to do it.

This is in pure direct stereo with no subs, room correction, eq, etc. My A/B/X box lets me attenuate the louder speaker, to match levels, between the CD player and receiver without an L-pad.

I've been trying to get that "dark cloud" off Joni's voice for years. This seems to do it.

You sure as hell blew that cloud away. After listening to this, I'm going to throw on Hejira, The Hissing of Summer Lawns, and Taming the Tiger tomorrow after I finish my morning routine. Her voice sounds superb on your setup, toddalin.

Hey Glenn.... Tried to do a 'spoof' video taken from Matt's ADS2030 video. His video sounded remarkably good, though for some reason the bass really comes through on my system. I have to turn it way down to compensate but I must say Matt's video/audio comes out extremely nice even playing on 'third party'.....LOL Love them big boys Matt...Enjoy!
How did it come out? With those big dual 14 inch woofers, I'm not surprised you turn it down with your big boys!
Glenn

Back
Top Bottom