Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

I uploaded a live video of Don Felder, Tommy Shaw, and Dave Amato playing Hotel California. It was blocked. Hell, Felder gave his permission to shoot the vid.

A rainy Sunday pick-me-up! The SMG's can rock!

Outstanding Glenn! Twice I've passed on Magnepans in the Dallas area, I wish now I hadn't. What sub did you settle on there fella? Thanks tons for sharing this, I've been waiting.

Outstanding Glenn! Twice I've passed on Magnepans in the Dallas area, I wish now I hadn't. What sub did you settle on there fella? Thanks tons for sharing this, I've been waiting.
Thanks spice!
I'm using the Optimus sub for now. It just really seems to jell well with the SMG's. Doesn't mean I won't eventually get a better sub. I did see some comments that the Optimus Pro 12's are somewhat hard to get, and have a lager fane bass with lots of mods done to them. I want to see what it all about.
Anyway, thanks for listening and don't pass up Maggie's!
Cheers, Glenn

Last edited:
Thanks spice!
I'm using the Optimus sub for now. It just really seems to hell well with the SMG's. Doesn't mean I won't eventually get a better sub. I did see some comments that the Optimus Pro 12's are somewhat hard to get, and have a lager fane bass with lots of mods done to them. I want to see what it all about.
Anyway, thanks for listening and don't pass up Maggie's!
Cheers, Glenn

I seen your other post requesting info on peoples ideas on subs. I had an Audio Souce sub I bought years ago 15inch that over time developed a hum while on standby, and while shopping for a used one until I could make up my mind one what I wanted I discovered lots of subs suffer the same problem over time. So I ended up getting a Klipsch R-12SW at Magnolia for about $289.00 on sale Down from $400 and calling it a day. Could not be happier. Although it can seriously move some air in the room, I don't turn the gain up past wall shattering bass. I've got them set at 60hz and the gain balanced to my fronts so that the sub frequency's sound as though they are coming from the L1230's. I'm hoping to finish this room up by July this year. So I'll do a better job on a video. In any case, I now see someone looking for Magnepans on CL Dallas ... Doh .......... Audokarma strikes again!

Picked up some JansZen 130 tweeters to use with my AR 2 speakers. Had some Micro Acoustic micro tweeter arrays lying around and decided to put the whole thing together. Here's a short video, with a Fisher X-100-B amp driving it all. Non working Wharfedale W70's being used as stands.

Hmmm. I wish I had your W70s and you had a feather up your nose - then we'd both be tickled. ;)

GeeDeeEmm

Bought the 70's a few years ago only to find out after the fact that they had been cannibalized, the original innards taken and replaced with cheap junk in the hopes of turning it into a 2 way. Taught me a lesson to open them up before I buy in the future. Never got around to obtaining replacement drivers/parts so they'e been getting use as part time stands.

Bought the 70's a few years ago only to find out after the fact that they had been cannibalized, the original innards taken and replaced with cheap junk in the hopes of turning it into a 2 way. Taught me a lesson to open them up before I buy in the future. Never got around to obtaining replacement drivers/parts so they'e been getting use as part time stands.

Bummer. I was recently given a 1961 W70 in very nice condition, but finding a mate is proving difficult. I'm so interested in these now that I guess I'll end up buying a pair. These don't seem to have struck a chord with the audiophile community like other vintage speakers, so the prices are still in my range. Everything I 've read about them from subjective owners indicates that they are not all that when it comes to accurate reproduction - just the kind of project that dares me to tackle it!

GeeDeeEmm

Picked up some JansZen 130 tweeters to use with my AR 2 speakers. Had some Micro Acoustic micro tweeter arrays lying around and decided to put the whole thing together. Here's a short video, with a Fisher X-100-B amp driving it all. Non working Wharfedale W70's being used as stands.

Sure as hell sounded nice to me fella!!

That sounds great! I love how great vintage gear can sound soooo good!

Thanks guys.
That sounds great! I love how great vintage gear can sound soooo good!

I agree. When it all pulls together it's something special, and just makes you want to keep playing music. And this stuff is 60 years old, give or take a few years. Amazing.

Nothing like some of the systems here but: 5 Modified original 1978 era Minimus 7's (with litekeys 55-1856 ebay kit). These original models have screw terminals and SD-13 tweeters so the top end sounds superior to other Min 7's IMO. Driven in 5.1 setup by an Onkyo TX-SR308 and the low end crossed at 100hz is handled by a Bic F-12 subwoofer. Used on a Home Theater PC. Works nicely in a small room, far superior sound than Z-5500's that this system replaced and it didn't cost much more to put it all together. I took the video on my phone, no special mic or camera so the sound didn't come through well but figured I'd share anyways.

Last edited:

Nothing like some of the systems here but: 5 Modified original 1978 era Minimus 7's (with litekeys 55-1856 ebay kit). These original models have screw terminals and SD-13 tweeters so the top end sounds superior to other Min 7's IMO. Driven in 5.1 setup by an Onkyo TX-SR308 and the low end crossed at 100hz is handled by a Bic F-12 subwoofer. Used on a Home Theater PC. Works nicely in a small room, far superior sound than Z-5500's that this system replaced and it didn't cost much more to put it all together. I took the video on my phone, no special mic or camera so the sound didn't come through well but figured I'd share anyways.

Very nice job d1dxr02. Most of the vids in this thread were captured via phones so no problem. Looks and sounds fabulous.

Currently running some fantastic Sonab OA-14 speakers that have been tastefully modified.

What is this song!!!

When the kids are out I’ll add my contribution to this thread. LS50’s and get the new AR L36 Decades in rotation too :)

Edit: found the song courtesy of Shazam! The Crusaders - The Wells Gone Dry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom