Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

I think that may be distance related. I recorded that one closer by 3 feet or more. You’re getting less room influence in that video. I wanted the Onkyo in the picture so I had to back up. That said, we know the M-L10 is an exemplary model for its time and for today too.
I agree, and did notice the different filming position. Do another video, same song and position with the M-L-10.

DS2000-

I love what I can hear of the Scepters, but the heavily synthesized music doesn't really give us much of an indication of their real abilities other than bass response. Would you do us the honor of allowing us to hear them playing something with "real" instruments? Something with real drums, acoustic guitars, bass, and vocals would be nice. Do you have anything by Chris Isaak?

GeeDeeEmm

I’ll dig something up.
The Massive Attack represents a little more than synthesized music tho. Cuts them a little short, there are quite a few actual instruments in the mix. Where the speakers shine is in their ability to unpack the tracks well and present them as the mastering engineer seemingly intended.
I’ll see what I have in the folder.

I’ll dig something up.
The Massive Attack represents a little more than synthesized music tho. Cuts them a little short, there are quite a few actual instruments in the mix. Where the speakers shine is in their ability to unpack the tracks well and present them as the mastering engineer seemingly intended.
I’ll see what I have in the folder.

Oh, I wasn't by any means "cutting short" the Massive Attack track. I loved it, and noted the actual instruments - and the vibrantly-reproduced vocals!

GeeDeeEmm

Are both woofers active in these?
Yes, Ds.
They're passive speakers both woofers are active in each cabinet playing to their lowest frequency levels however one woofer is crossed over at 150hz while the other is allowed to play up to 700Hz.

DS2000-

I love what I can hear of the Scepters, but the heavily synthesized music doesn't really give us much of an indication of their real abilities other than bass response. Would you do us the honor of allowing us to hear them playing something with "real" instruments? Something with real drums, acoustic guitars, bass, and vocals would be nice. Do you have anything by Chris Isaak?

GeeDeeEmm
Curious, but did you listen to the video I posted titled “French guys”? It’s a beautiful all acoustic piece with a real string section and a concert grand.

I listened to these two videos at the same time, switching back and forth. To me the M-L10 sounds better, especially in the mids and highs. More slam in the mids, details in the highs crisper. Bass was a bit punchier, harder hitting, equally deep. We're both through the P-L10?
Glenn

I listened to these two videos at the same time, switching back and forth. To me the M-L10 sounds better, especially in the mids and highs. More slam in the mids, details in the highs crisper. Bass was a bit punchier, harder hitting, equally deep. We're both through the P-L10?
Glenn
Yes which def gives the M-L10 some what of a leg up. Matched pair. For me, it’s break even in the room. The Onk does have a slight edge at doing the “space between the notes” thing. The valleys are a little deeper, which points to a better control of dynamics. But it’s a small difference.

Yes which def gives the M-L10 some what of a leg up. Matched pair. For me, it’s break even in the room. The Onk does have a slight edge at doing the “space between the notes” thing. The valleys are a little deeper, which points to a better control of dynamics. But it’s a small difference.
Well either way, a top notch setup!

Back
Top Bottom