Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Sound very good! Great punchy bass!

Thanks GD70,

The new Jantzen components really made an improvement. A noticeable difference over the Dayton caps. Im waiting for a single cap to arrive to finish the 4301B's. Ill get a better video up when the caps arrive, PX is back ordered... :)

It does not, it's being recorded with a cell phone.. How could it?

Is this really the point of the thread, to hear the actual sound stage? Somehow I think its more to show off folks rigs.

Soundstage is to subjective to even consider when dealing with a this kind of thread.. Just saying... :)

I havent followed this thread, and I'm sure some people are doing this, but if you set up your recording device in a same spot, you could swap out speakers and components from your system, and there would be audible differences. I'm going to have to go back through and check some out some more vids.

I havent followed this thread, and I'm sure some people are doing this, but if you set up your recording device in a same spot, you could swap out speakers and components from your system, and there would be audible differences. I'm going to have to go back through and check some out some more vids.
Start at the beginning. As you go through the videos, you'll start to hear the differences. Earphones are a must for this.
Cheers, Glenn

Have to say that's not a bad idea ^^, and being that I have multiple sets of speakers and an new phone, may try to do this in the next few days.

I rarely post videos of the system due to the fact that its recorded via my cell, not going to get to really hear it. I did recently get a new iPhone and wanted to test out the video playback and the audio. Took that video a few weeks back for the "what are you listening to now" thread. There are a few of us who are on every night talking music. You should check it out. Posted it a while back as I was testing out the L19A's. Had it on the phone and found Glens thread so decided to post it. I should probably do a video for the thread that's actually more than a few seconds of random tracks playing. :O)

Have to say that's not a bad idea ^^, and being that I have multiple sets of speakers and an new phone, may try to do this in the next few days.

I rarely post videos of the system due to the fact that its recorded via my cell, not going to get to really hear it. I did recently get a new iPhone and wanted to test out the video playback and the audio. Took that video a few weeks back for the "what are you listening to now" thread. There are a few of us who are on every night talking music. You should check it out. Posted it a while back as I was testing out the L19A's. Had it on the phone and found Glens thread so decided to post it. I should probably do a video for the thread that's actually more than a few seconds of random tracks playing. :O)

I bet the recording quality of a new iphone is actually pretty decent. It would take a little messing around to find the sweet spot to place the phone, but if you have the setup and the time, I suggest you try it!

I bet the recording quality of a new iphone is actually pretty decent. It would take a little messing around to find the sweet spot to place the phone, but if you have the setup and the time, I suggest you try it!
Just about all of my videos were taken with my iPhone 6 and the last year the 7. They are pretty decent at recording for what they are. You mentioned in your previous post, shooting from the same spot. Almost all my videos as well as many others, are shot from the same positions in each room. The majority of my cave videos will have the most variations with amps and speaker combinations. The other room's systems are pretty much stationary.

I just changed out my set-up; thought I'd post the Yamaha NS-670's with vinyl instead of CD. It's not great sounding through the iPhone but should get the idea across. I think I somewhat overloaded the phones mic but...:idea:

Nice setup! Definitely get the idea of the sound!

Chartwell "screwback" LS3/5As (Ser #s 4075 & 4076) powered by a Yamaha RX-Z9 receiver in "pure direct" mode. Source is a standard CD through an Oppo-95. Only the two Chartwells are playing in full range and no sub is used. No eq or digital processing of any type is employed. Room is ~26' L, ~16.5' W, with ceiling sloping from ~7.5 - 15' (over 4800 cu ft) open in one corner (behind to the left).

My first video, horrible video, but it is the first.

Home built speakers, cheap camera that wants to record in 480p only, but it is a start. Obviously the speakers sound 1000% better but then this isn't a sound competition. :D

I will do better once I figure out this old camera.

Home built speakers, cheap camera that wants to record in 480p only, but it is a start. Obviously the speakers sound 1000% better but then this isn't a sound competition. :D

I'm typing this as I listen to your video and it sounds great! Sounds better than my crappy phone with it's high noise floor.

Chartwell "screwback" LS3/5As (Ser #s 4075 & 4076) powered by a Yamaha RX-Z9 receiver in "pure direct" mode. Source is a standard CD through an Oppo-95. Only the two Chartwells are playing in full range and no sub is used. No eq or digital processing of any type is employed. Room is ~26' L, ~16.5' W, with ceiling sloping from ~7.5 - 15' (over 4800 cu ft) open in one corner (behind to the left).

Those are very good! Very clean & clear!

Man'o Man that sounds fantastic SirReal63!!! Wonderful job putting that together. Seems to me you got the video figured out pretty darn good. I eagerly await another post fella.

Wow toddllin, just ........ AT&T has lost my user account and can't manage to get it fixed so I'm not getting notices that folks are posting in this thread. (or any other), that said ... if I've not commented on any of your post, call the paramedics ... I've fallen and can't get up. You'll never post a video that I won't comment on, I can only imagine what it would be like to come home to that system every day. Beautiful.

Wow!! That sounds great! What track/artist is playing?

Wow toddllin, just ........ AT&T has lost my user account and can't manage to get it fixed so I'm not getting notices that folks are posting in this thread. (or any other), that said ... if I've not commented on any of your post, call the paramedics ... I've fallen and can't get up. You'll never post a video that I won't comment on, I can only imagine what it would be like to come home to that system every day. Beautiful.

Welcome to come by any time you are in Southern California, as are all AK Members.

Back
Top Bottom