Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Wow!! That sounds great! What track/artist is playing?

I have no idea, it is streamed from YT channel Audiophile NBR. I use this particular video for testing, the first 4 songs are good test music.

I'm typing this as I listen to your video and it sounds great! Sounds better than my crappy phone with it's high noise floor.

Thanks, I enjoy them. It is maddening, they play solidly from 25 hz to beyond my hearing ability so the video does them no justice and it will take more microphone than I want to buy to do them justice.

Man'o Man that sounds fantastic SirReal63!!! Wonderful job putting that together. Seems to me you got the video figured out pretty darn good. I eagerly await another post fella.

Thanks, I will figure out how to get the most out of this cheap old camera.

Last edited:
Welcome to come by any time you are in Southern California, as are all AK Members.

Hah, I grew up in Azusa during the time when SoCal still had Orange Groves. I've been meaning to ask you, do you listen to music in 3 channel? Often enough, I'll set my system up for Surround Decode, then turn down surround back speakers to almost inaudible levels and enjoy a three channel sound stage.

I have no idea, it is streamed from YT channel Audiophile NBR. I use this particular video for testing, the first 4 songs are good test music.

Thanks, I enjoy them. It is maddening, they play solidly from 25 hz to beyond my hearing ability so the video does them no justice and it will take more microphone than I want to buy to do them justice.

Thanks, I will figure out how to get the most out of this cheap old camera.
Sounds fabulous!
Tell us more about the system in the video.

Sounds fabulous!
Tell us more about the system in the video.

It is just a little inexpensive system to satisfy my music needs but is actually sounds fantastic.

JVC QL-F61 TT, Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge
Outlaw 950 Preamp
Tube(ish) based preamp for BT streaming, though I have the DVD player running through this, it sounds better than through the Outlaw for CD play.
Little Bear phono preamp.
Dayton Audio DSP-408 with BT dongle (not pictured)
Sonance 260MK3 amp, to provide 60 watts into 8 ohms for tweeters
Sonance 275x3 SE providing 75 watts into 8 ohms for the mids only.
Sonance 2120T providing 160 watts into 4 ohms for the woofers.

20180822_142644_zpsxydhhvqp.jpg

Each speaker is equipped with an Eminence APT-200 tweeter, a Faital PRO 6FE100 6" midbass driver and a GRS 12SW-4 12" sub. The cabs are finished in Teak veneer. Yes, I need to clean the floors, the house is still under construction and dust is the bane of my existence currently.

20180822_142554_zpspjhzal3g.jpg

Hah, I grew up in Azusa during the time when SoCal still had Orange Groves. I've been meaning to ask you, do you listen to music in 3 channel?

No. Stereo, 4-channel (if the disk is so encoded), or full surround. The four surround speakers have JBL W10GTi's with 2425 drivers on butt cheeks.

It is just a little inexpensive system to satisfy my music needs but is actually sounds fantastic.

JVC QL-F61 TT, Nagaoka MP-110 cartridge
Outlaw 950 Preamp
Tube(ish) based preamp for BT streaming, though I have the DVD player running through this, it sounds better than through the Outlaw for CD play.
Little Bear phono preamp.
Dayton Audio DSP-408 with BT dongle (not pictured)
Sonance 260MK3 amp, to provide 60 watts into 8 ohms for tweeters
Sonance 275x3 SE providing 75 watts into 8 ohms for the mids only.
Sonance 2120T providing 160 watts into 4 ohms for the woofers.

20180822_142644_zpsxydhhvqp.jpg

Each speaker is equipped with an Eminence APT-200 tweeter, a Faital PRO 6FE100 6" midbass driver and a GRS 12SW-4 12" sub. The cabs are finished in Teak veneer. Yes, I need to clean the floors, the house is still under construction and dust is the bane of my existence currently.

20180822_142554_zpspjhzal3g.jpg
NIce system!

Thanks GD, I wish I could say I was completely happy with it but I know I will be tweaking it for a very long time, I cannot leave anything alone. :D

I am on the hunt for a better microphone, budget friendly.

Tweeking is 49.9999% of the fun if you can still convince yourself to enjoy the music along the way.

Is that a Genesis 100 in the background? I refurbed a pair cpl years back, refoam, recap and still fondly remember their sound. That gen of the inverted dome tweeter gets little to no pub but I enjoyed the crap out of it.

GR8 SETUP BTW!

Tweeking is 49.9999% of the fun if you can still convince yourself to enjoy the music along the way.

Is that a Genesis 100 in the background? I refurbed a pair cpl years back, refoam, recap and still fondly remember their sound. That gen of the inverted dome tweeter gets little to no pub but I enjoyed the crap out of it.

GR8 SETUP BTW!

Yes, the tweaking is the most fun, fortunately with the DSP-408 the amount of tweaking can be endless. I may replace the horn driver for the APT-200 as it seems to be the most logical place to begin.

They are Genesis 1's that replaced my original Genesis 210's that I had from 1983 to 2007, I still kick myself for letting those go. The G1's are in near perfect condition, I paid $50 for them a couple years ago and plan on getting the replacement backplate and crossover from Human Speakers. My love affair with Genesis Physics goes way back. That tweeter was something special.

No. Stereo, 4-channel (if the disk is so encoded), or full surround. The four surround speakers have JBL W10GTi's with 2425 drivers on butt cheeks.

Sounds lovely. As I said, I always meant to ask you and glad I finally got around to it. My music listening pleasures are as eclectic (for lack of a better word), as is my music preferences. And I make no apologies for it. It depends on my mood to be honest and if I'm available to sit in front of my system and listen. In cases where I'm unable to sit ... 5.1 surround works as intended for me to fill the space when I'm doing what ever in the room. I'll often listen in 2 channel direct when I'm in the mood for accurate reproduction and critical listening. Then there are those times I'll set my system to Surround Decode and lower the levels of the surrounds to expand the soundstage in such a way that I can't always tell the surrounds are working, but can tell when they are not (if that makes sense). I try to be careful discussing it as there are those who are very passionate about how one is supposed to listen and I want to be respectful of that, I appreciate the/their passion.

Then there are those times I'll set my system to Surround Decode and lower the levels of the surrounds to expand the soundstage in such a way that I can't always tell the surrounds are working, but can tell when they are not (if that makes sense). I try to be careful discussing it as there are those who are very passionate about how one is supposed to listen and I want to be respectful of that, I appreciate the/their passion.

I understand what you are talking about. My Yamaha has 51 surround programs (71 variations), and sometimes you just want to be elsewhere.

Old speakers, modern music!
My son got a job in Vegas and last week we drove cross country from NY to NV. We had a great time together. Along the way, we listened to his music. He's big into Dub Step and a lot of deep bass electronic, much more a music head than I expected, since when he was home he was always gaming. Little did I know he has a huge playlist collection.
Anyway, I've been making a playlist to always remind myself of this trip & time we traveled together.
This is one track that we cranked many times!
Many say this brand or that brand are best suited for this or that genre. B.S to that! A good-great speaker should play anything well.
So this little number gives the L200's a nice workout.
Cheers, Glenn

Old speakers, modern music!
My son got a job in Vegas and last week we drove cross country from NY to NV. We had a great time together. Along the way, we listened to his music. He's big into Dub Step and a lot of deep bass electronic, much more a music head than I expected, since when he was home he was always gaming. Little did I know he has a huge playlist collection.
Anyway, I've been making a playlist to always remind myself of this trip & time we traveled together.
This is one track that we cranked many times!
Many say this brand or that brand are best suited for this or that genre. B.S to that! A good-great speaker should play anything well.
So this little number gives the L200's a nice workout.
Cheers, Glenn

Hah ... great story Glenn. Glad for you to have gotten the opportunity for you and your Son to make a trip like that. I'm sure as you learned some things you didn't know, he did as well. The memory will last a life time for sure. And thanks again for showing closeups of the Mcintosh and JVC. Boy did those L200's go to the right person.

Those things sound fantastic tubed. I seen that video via my phone yesterday I believe, and I had to get home to get a perspective on them. Great job recording/documenting those. I have to chuckle a bit though, every time you people post vids of something I've not heard or seen before, I head over to CL and start looking them up to see if someones got one here in Dallas.

Hah ... great story Glenn. Glad for you to have gotten the opportunity for you and your Son to make a trip like that. I'm sure as you learned some things you didn't know, he did as well. The memory will last a life time for sure. And thanks again for showing closeups of the Mcintosh and JVC. Boy did those L200's go to the right person.
Thanks Spice!
The trip was so much fun, even though we drove about 10 hours a day. He's 25, and was ready to get started on his life journey. We wish he was closer and was working in NYC, but he really likes the Vegas area, especially the weather.
His music was the surprise though. I found myself taking tons of pics of the sound system screen of the song and band so I would be able to make the playlist. A lot of it I liked, some not as much, but that's how it is with all of us.
I need to ship out an integrated to him as his car was packed with the essentials and no room for anything else. Once he's settled and has the amp, I told him I would help him with CL listings for some decent speakers for the amp, his music, and TV.
The L200's cabs are now finished, the last oiling yesterday. Sonically, I'm extremely happy with them as they are currently. The wall of sound will need some rearranging.
Glenn

Those things sound fantastic tubed. I seen that video via my phone yesterday I believe, and I had to get home to get a perspective on them. Great job recording/documenting those. I have to chuckle a bit though, every time you people post vids of something I've not heard or seen before, I head over to CL and start looking them up to see if someones got one here in Dallas.

Exactly my reaction.
Those sound really good. I’ve been back three times at least to listen to them again.

Back
Top Bottom