Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

I've been listening to the "Supers" and must say that the tri-amping and passive contouring on the horn makes all the difference in the world! I never figured that the 604E could go as high as well as it does and when the coutours are set flat, it doesn't. I don't even think that I will add an external tweeter to these. :music:

I did a recording and my wife thinks its too bright. I think this is partially the Yamaha SACD playing the regular CD as it was a first generation unit. When I got the Oppo 95, I first thought the top end sounded dull. I later recognized that it is not producing the high frequency harshness of the Yamaha that register to the ear as "highs."

I do need to dial in the crossover after I figure out what's going on with a hum in the Soundcraftsmen that I'm not getting on the Yamaha or Marantz. Maybe these two units just aren't compatible for some reason.

OK, this is the Super Big Reds doing the requisite "Tin Pan Alley." I don't recall any prior 604s in this thread let alone any doing "Tin Pan Alley."

Not bad for a pair of 45-50 year old speakers that I paid $700, including the custom made electronic crossover, high frequency contouring units, and cables with dual bananas, delivered to my living room. When I recorded on Super Big Reds in the early 70's, this is what I remember.

Again, no subs, eq, or processing is being used.

OK, this is the Super Big Reds doing the requisite "Tin Pan Alley." I don't recall any prior 604s in this thread let alone any doing "Tin Pan Alley."

Not bad for a pair of 45-50 year old speakers that I paid $700, including the custom made electronic crossover, high frequency contouring units, and cables with dual bananas, delivered to my living room. When I recorded on Super Big Reds in the early 70's, this is what I remember.

Very nice! Tin Pan Ally is a perfect song to demo speakers. Covers the full dynamic range.
Cheers, Glenn

I am really loving the imaging on these things. In some respects, some things sound like listening on headphones in that they can be pinpoint, yet put a sound right beside you..., in your ear. The L200/300s can stretch the sound well beyond the speakers but, not like this. Could also be room/seating placement, but I'm lovin' it. :music:

The XS, the first stereo recording iPhone. It’s a large part or reason of (for) my upgrade to it. That and a three year old 7. Absolutely better q audio now.
Sounds great Tim! Haven't heard this track in a long time!

The XS, the first stereo recording iPhone. It’s a large part or reason of (for) my upgrade to it. That and a three year old 7. Absolutely better q audio now.

Very nicely done Tim, I'd say that new phone is a winner fella. Thanks for that track too, like Glenn, it's been a while since I've heard that. Happy New Year Fella.

Beautiful!!! Thanks for posting those. Happy New Year. I've been a bit under the weather so just now able to catch up on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom