Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Just a thought here, but maybe everyone should post the same song? That would be cool!
There's been several of us who have played Stevie Ray Vaughn-Tin Pan Alley, which is a great song for a speaker demo. Terrific vocals, guitars and drums place you there in the studio. You can hear the amps humming in the recording!
With that said, it would also get kind of boring to hear the same song hundreds of times.

Sounds sweet Todd. Those are not your JBLs. What are they?

Big Red Supers (Altec 604E/Jensen), tri-amped with passive subsequent HF eq units. Cabinets are infinite baffle with >12 cu ft interior volume. These were a recent acquision from a local recording studio and I paid $700 delivered to my living room including the custom-made electronic crossover, passive eq units, and even fused cables.

This was the picture in the ad and they were listed as "Big JBL Monitors" by the seller.

Big_Reds1.jpg

Custom made electronic crossover.
DSC_00027.JPG

Custom-made passive HF eqs.
DSC_00045.JPG

Big Red Supers (Altec 604E/Jensen), tri-amped with passive subsequent HF eq units. Cabinets are infinite baffle with >12 cu ft interior volume. These were a recent acquision from a local recording studio and I paid $700 delivered to my living room including the custom-made electronic crossover, passive eq units, and even fused cables.

This was the picture in the ad and they were listed as "Big JBL Monitors" by the seller.

Big_Reds1.jpg

Custom made electronic crossover.
DSC_00027.JPG

Custom-made passive HF eqs.
DSC_00045.JPG
Thanks Todd very nice.

A video of the "Ethyl Mermans" (JBL 2241H/JBL 2251J/Heil AMT with Clear Solutions Diffuser Wedge/"Home Brew" Crossover) doing their thing with a male voice on Tin Pan Alley. The Clear Solutions Heil Wedge really allows the Heil to integrate with the JBL 2251J presenting a nice clear midrange (and vocals) without undue high end fatigue.

This is in "Pure Direct" with no subs, eq, or digital processing involved.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
A video of the "Ethyl Mermans" (JBL 2241H/JBL 2251J/Heil AMT with Clear Solutions Diffuser Wedge/"Home Brew" Crossover) doing their thing with a male voice on Tin Pan Alley. The Clear Solutions Heil Wedge really allows the Heil to integrate with the JBL 2251J presenting a nice clear midrange (and vocals) without undue high end fatigue.

This is in "Pure Direct" with no subs, eq, or digital processing involved.

Enjoy.

hahah ... Todd, your the best. Theres them WONDERFUL beasties. I just got home from a ridiculous hard day's night, and I'm sitting here, with eyes closed enjoying the hell out of this/these. Thank you! :thumbsup::beerchug: Very much sincerely Sir.

Haha! Dogs can hear well beyond human capabilities, if they can only give an opinion we wouldn’t have so much discussion of what is a superior equipment.

Here are the magneplanar .7 with budget amps.
That sounded great! Another band I got to research now!

TEAC R2R > DBX CX-2 > BX-2 > Heathkit AS-1348

Some Techno. Same song different cameras. First video/camera has better low frequency response, but AGC messes with audio. Second one has manual audio control, but not as good low frequency response.

Video 1
Video 2

Back
Top Bottom