Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear it!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by GD70, Aug 6, 2017.

1. HiFiJeff

HiFiJeff Super Member

Another great group!

Ds2000 and stamir like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Denten

Denten Addicted Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  3. stamir

stamir Member

Sweet tone

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Spiceman50 and Denten like this.
  4. stamir

stamir Member

You can tell i had a lot of time in my hands this weekend...
    Here is Allan Taylor playing Dedicated To... on vinyl, direct to metal mastering (DMM) by the fantastic Stockfisch Records. I cant recommend their pressings enough. Sorry for the poor mic recording, doing it with a lousy HTC M8 but hope you will appreciate the music. I have found great stuff on this excellent topic

5. Denten

Denten Addicted Member

Me too! :D I really need to get out of the house more often. :rolleyes:
    I know you all have seen my stereo a million times, I'm posting because I like sharing new to me music that I'm discovering, man I love Spotify.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  6. sunvalleylaw

sunvalleylaw AK Subscriber Subscriber

How are you guys posting vids up to youtube with known music without getting violation notices?

7. GD70

GD70 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sometimes they are banned in certain countries only, and we've all had some totally blocked. Got to download it, publish it, copy the link here and post. See what happens. Sometimes they don't play here, but if you quickly click on the youtube logo on the bottom right it brings you to youtube and plays there just fine.

8. Denten

Denten Addicted Member

Just about all of my videos get copyright notices. Most of the time they just run ads on the video with the proceeds going to the rights holder. I've had one that got blocked the second I uploaded it (Hootie and the Blowfish "Tootie") and I have one that got blocked in Denmark only.
    If you are a YouTube partner and making money from your videos, I would not use that YouTube channel, I got kicked out of the partner program, not sure if it was because of the music videos or not......sure am going to miss that $100 every two years.....:rflmao:

Spiceman50 and Ds2000 like this.
  9. stamir

stamir Member

A great song by Jeff Beck. It will show you a little of my difficult to drive room. It is large with lots of openings but the Hecos and Sugden do a pretty good job

BDylanThomas, adj69, jchilds and 3 others like this.
  10. sunvalleylaw

Ok, that is what I thought. Well, not uploading a vid then. Not worth it, and law is law.

Ds2000 likes this.
  11. Denten

Denten Addicted Member

You are not braking the law, and it doesn't affect your account status, It just means you can't monetize the videos with copyrighted content. The copyright owner gets the cash.
    Here is my latest claim.

Copyright Claim.PNG

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 3:15 PM
    Spiceman50 and Ds2000 like this.

12. sunvalleylaw

I am no copyright lawyer. But I did get a strike a week or two ago when I posted a vid including a song from a band you do not see online. And I certainly was not getting financial benefit. They made me (well, said I could make the strike go away in a couple months if I did take) take a silly little online course, and that course made it sound like I could get a strike if I posted video including copyrighted work such as a song playing. I think it is stupid, but seeing as they gave me a strike already, I am not going to do it to post a cell phone vid of my stereo system here. Just how I am choosing to approach it.

Interesting that you got that as a notice. Your choice is your own.

Ds2000 likes this.
  13. portnoy

portnoy AK Member

Here's a little setup in a spare bedroom. Some 25wpc Harman Kardon Stereo integreated Amp, a Realistic Lab 440, and a sweet little Thrift Store pair of KLH 6's (untouched).

SirReal63, Denten, Spiceman50 and 2 others like this.
  14. SA7I

SA7I AK Subscriber Subscriber

Upload your video as “private” for one hour, and then make it public. In your description, copy & paste the following:

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

GD70, Denten, Spiceman50 and 3 others like this.
  15. Spiceman50

Spiceman50 AK Subscriber Subscriber

No intentions what so ever of participating in any conversations regarding copyright infringements. Suffice to say, I have PURCHASED not less then a dozen CD's and three Vinyl albums from video's contained in this thread alone. Not including at least a dozen more from the same artist's. Most recently Willy Nelson (4 CD's) and Melody Gardot CD and Vinyl.

@stamir ... beautiful. Thanks for that. I enjoyed the heck out of that.
    @portnoy What an awesome music choice to feature your system. Well done!

stamir, Denten and Masonavenut like this.
  16. GD70

I too have been buying some music that I've heard here including Melody Gardot. Gary, get the latest Live in Europe 4 album set. It's great!

c5corvette likes this.

17. Spiceman50

Spiceman50 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Absolutely will be getting that one with out a doubt. I've got my eyes all over that LP. literally. hubba hubba.

Denten likes this.
  18. GD70

Yes, the cover is gorgeous. As Porkloin says, make sure you keep the shrink wrap on it, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 9:48 PM
    Denten likes this.
  19. Denten

Denten Addicted Member

20. Denten

Denten Addicted Member

Spiceman50, I can't believe that I missed this :oops:. Wow, sounds great! Man, I would love to hear a set of ADS's in person!