Show Us Your Daily Driver!

When the snow melts this is what I drive as often as possible.

635aab6d.jpg

Nice. I have a denim black '13 Road Glide I think I will be pulling from winter storage this weekend. Supposed to be up near 60 and dry for a week.

My first new Automobile and my daily driver

:guitar:Here is my 1991 Jeep Cherokee. My DD. Bought her new in 1991, never expected to still be driving this Jeep but now it is an experiment to see how long it will last. Just passed 215,000 miles and everything important still works, Selec-Trac 4 wheel drive, 4 speed auto tranny, A/C blows nice and cold. ABS not the best. Ordered her just the way I wanted, 2 door, Laredo Trim, manual locks and windows. Oh did I mention the high output 4.0 liter straight 6. Great for the Northeast blizzards and the sweltering summers. A very low maintenance vehicle that is quite easy to maintain. Dependable. Very comfortable seats too. Keep on Jeeping.

Attachments

• 2015-02-12 23.46.49.jpg
    2015-02-12 23.46.49.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Jeep_right.jpg
    Jeep_right.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 22
:guitar:Here is my 1991 Jeep Cherokee. My DD. Bought her new in 1991, never expected to still be driving this Jeep but now it is an experiment to see how long it will last. Just passed 215,000 miles and everything important still works, Selec-Trac 4 wheel drive, 4 speed auto tranny, A/C blows nice and cold. ABS not the best. Ordered her just the way I wanted, 2 door, Laredo Trim, manual locks and windows. Oh did I mention the high output 4.0 liter straight 6. Great for the Northeast blizzards and the sweltering summers. A very low maintenance vehicle that is quite easy to maintain. Dependable. Very comfortable seats too. Keep on Jeeping.

215k is just getting broken in for an inline 6.:thmbsp: I'd have no problem driving it.

215k is just getting broken in for an inline 6.:thmbsp: I'd have no problem driving it.

I had several 90's era Cherokee's as company cars then. My personal daily driver was a lifted '83 Bronco on 33's and Rancho suspension with an outlaw 400 hp 351 Windsor. I was very skeptical of the little "grocery getter" when I first got one. It didn't take long to change my mind. I got to the top of every mountain top antenna farm between Barstow and Vegas and 100 others without fail. Sure I had to pick my path around the BFR's I could otherwise ignore in the Bronco, but damn if the little stock Cherokee couldn't conduct business.

I did have one melt down an engine on the freeway. I don't recall the year, but I'm pretty sure it was a earlier 4 banger. The sender was in a location that would not register high temp and trip the idiot light if there was no coolant. A bad hose killed it. Didn't smell a thing on the freeway until I got off on the exit ramp. I smelled the hot engine, it did it's death rattle and that was it. The 4.0 I6's are just awesome and perfect for the Cherokee.

A friend of mine I used to work with had four of those. His dad purchased six or seven that were company cars. The company didn't want to just sell them to auction so he bought six or seven out of 12 and over a couple years, my friend bought four from his dad.

I wouldn't swear to the exact year, but they were that generation. We nearly bought one for going out to the in-laws cabin, esp in winter. I was kinda hung up on the auto. If it had been a manual, I'd have bought it and likely would still have it. Ended up getting a great deal on a 4-Runner which I promptly sold.

A friend of mine I used to work with had four of those. His dad purchased six or seven that were company cars. The company didn't want to just sell them to auction so he bought six or seven out of 12 and over a couple years, my friend bought four from his dad.

I wouldn't swear to the exact year, but they were that generation. We nearly bought one for going out to the in-laws cabin, esp in winter. I was kinda hung up on the auto. If it had been a manual, I'd have bought it and likely would still have it. Ended up getting a great deal on a 4-Runner which I promptly sold.

Thanks for sharing that story cratz2. That's a Lotta Cherokees. Wish you'd have gotten one of those. I also own a couple of classic cars.....I never thought my daily driver would be one. It has caused me a little bit of grief for certain classic car insurers whose halfwitted underwriters require that each licensed driver in the house drive a daily driver that is a 1995 or newer. Well, at one point my wife was walking to work and here I am with a '91 so I did not meet their so called "criteria". What BS, now they punish you for driving an older car? Needless to say, I found a classic insurer with more reasonable requirements.

I had several 90's era Cherokee's as company cars then. My personal daily driver was a lifted '83 Bronco on 33's and Rancho suspension with an outlaw 400 hp 351 Windsor. I was very skeptical of the little "grocery getter" when I first got one. It didn't take long to change my mind. I got to the top of every mountain top antenna farm between Barstow and Vegas and 100 others without fail. Sure I had to pick my path around the BFR's I could otherwise ignore in the Bronco, but damn if the little stock Cherokee couldn't conduct business.

I did have one melt down an engine on the freeway. I don't recall the year, but I'm pretty sure it was a earlier 4 banger. The sender was in a location that would not register high temp and trip the idiot light if there was no coolant. A bad hose killed it. Didn't smell a thing on the freeway until I got off on the exit ramp. I smelled the hot engine, it did it's death rattle and that was it. The 4.0 I6's are just awesome and perfect for the Cherokee.

Agreed. The 4.0L was the perfect motor for that truck...especially when it only weighed around 3000 pounds. I have a 351 Windsor in one of my classics...and a FE390 in the other. The Windsor is my favorite V8. It was a sad day when Ford stopped using them.

I would post pictures of my 2 daily drivers, but people would end up puking on their monitor and keyboard, they are that ugly.

1996 Ford Aspire: I paid $400 for the car with a bad transmission and $150 for a donor car for the transmission almost 5 years and 50k ago. 148k on engine and body around 320k on the transmission, no clearcoat left on the roof and hood, front fenders dented, some rust on the passenger quarter, looks like ass in general BUT it gets great gas mileage and keeps on tickin' like a timex. I will NOT get rid of this car until it's ready for the junkyard.:D

1991 Ford Ranger regular cab longbed 2.3 4 banger 5 speed 4x4: slow as molassis but goes like a TANK even in 2wd, 205k (possibly 305k) crappy amature blue paint job, some rust over rear wheels, 30 x 9.5 15 General Grabber AT2 tires (awesome tires:thmbsp:)

Agreed. The 4.0L was the perfect motor for that truck...especially when it only weighed around 3000 pounds. I have a 351 Windsor in one of my classics...and a FE390 in the other. The Windsor is my favorite V8. It was a sad day when Ford stopped using them.

Were they really that light weight?

I had a 1999 Contour SVT that weighed a pinch over 3,200 lbs with a full tank and a modest stereo system.

I noticed a couple of you guys had Contour SVTs...

We had two some time ago. Probably 2002 - 2005 or thereabouts. Can't find a pic with both, but we had a silver one and a burgundy one. Loved that car. Definitely an example of a car being better than it should be.

I agree that these seem to be one well built Ford. Here's mine, just rolled over 170K. Runs like a top.

attachment.php

I'm debating on whether to drive it for a couple more years, and pick up a new Kawasaki Concours 1400, or keep my present bike and perhaps trade it in for a newer Pontiac G8 GT. Hmmm.

Attachments

• contour svt.jpg
    contour svt.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 109

Purchased my 96 Cherokee with 139k for $1000, now has over 250k and even the air still works. Just recently replaced the "original" shocks, lol. Im not a Chrysler fan at all, but that 4.0 and the Cherokee just seem to be indestructible. Kind of reminds me of my old 88 Toyota 4X4 pick up with 475k, just couldn't be killed.

Summer ride 1990 CRX Si

IMG_0393.jpg

Winter ride - 1988 Civic LX

IMG_0714.jpg

Long term storage car 5 years now - 1991 Civic Si

74296309.jpg

I cant stand newer cars ! Newest car ever owned was 1991. :)

Love the CRX!

Same here....those little suckers were part econobox, part Ferrari....THAT`S a tough act to follow ! :thmbsp:

My ride: `04 BMW ZHP (Performance Package)
After eleven years, it still impresses me every time I drive it....

Attachments

• ZHP.jpg
    ZHP.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 25
Same here....those little suckers were part econobox, part Ferrari....THAT`S a tough act to follow ! :thmbsp:

My ride: `04 BMW ZHP (Performance Package)
After eleven years, it still impresses me every time I drive it....

Looks like you take care of it too, if that is a recent foto. I like to see when people take care of their cars.

Reviving

1999 B4000 285K
The good, fits me likes glove, love the dash and stereo and I can actually use the bed as I can reach in and grab stuff.

The bad. Loves gas. Only have gone to 300 miles to a tank a couple times.

AB38493D-57EB-482D-AB0C-784B9E88C773.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom