Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

What is the name of your cheeseburger?

-Dave

I believe that would be some homebrewed American Amber Ale.
(for 5 gal)
- 6.5 lbs 2-row Pale Malt
- 2 lb German Munich Malt
- 1 lb Caramel 60
- 1.5 oz. Cascade (60 min)
- 1 oz. Cascade (1 min)

Wish they could bottle that smell ... oh, wait ...

glade-turkey.jpg

:D

Grilled a rack of back ribs, with baby carrots, gold and red potatoes on the side. I usually grill 5 nights a week and I do the whole meal. Seasoned the veggies with fresh ground pepper melange, salt, and butter wrapped in foil for the last hr and a half.

20160117_182853.jpg

20160117_182911.jpg

Save me that crispy piece by the knife on the cutting board!

Home-made udon, from scratch: broth based on kombu-shiitake dashi (with mirin, mushroom soy sauce, shichimi), fresh udon noodles, kamaboko, nori, scallions, small Vietnamese mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, Taiwan napa, carrot, chrysanthemum leaves, and tofu.

Udon 2.jpg

Udon 1.jpg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Keeping the oriental theme alive, the best Chinese food not invented in China ... chop suey!

chop-suey.jpg
I could go for this right now ! :)

Funny you should bring this up....I just saw an episode of "America`s Test Kitchen", where the man and woman made a very interesting version of chop suey....certainly unlike anything I have seen coming off a typical "American/Chinese" menu....

Something my lady and I find humor in and one of our running inside jokes, all the people that ask if I boil my (ribs or chicken) before grilling. Hell no I don't boil the flavor out first, and I don't bake em in the oven first either. Just a real good coating of my own secret dry rub, let stand for about an hour to reach room temp, throw it on the grill, then a light glaze of Sweet Baby Ray's just before done.

You know, I've never had chop suey in my life. In fact, I never had egg foo yung until right before I moved to Korea and that was only because I was watching an episode of Honeymooners where it was mentioned and I got curious. Below is the skit from the episode.

Norton: [to Ralph on how he adjusted his watch by looking out the window] I set my watch by the Chinese restaurant. It opens at 5PM every day.

[Ralph stares]

Norton: You don't believe me, do you? I can tell by the way you're looking at me that you don't believe me. I can tell you the time, all night long just by that Chinese restaurant. For instance, they start cooking the egg foo yung at 5:26. The first whiffs of that reach my apartment window upstairs at about, oh, 5:28. And they reach your window at 5:27 and 56 seconds. It's a known fact that the aroma of egg foo yung rises at the rate of 320 feet per second. Now, moo goo gai pan, which is of a heavier consistency, travels upwards at a slower rate. They start making that at about 5:37. Sometimes, somebody comes in, orders the family dinner, then I'm completely thrown. I don't know what time it is.

Keeping the oriental theme alive, the best Chinese food not invented in China ... chop suey!

chop-suey.jpg

Just a real good coating of my own secret dry rub, let stand for about an hour to reach room temp, throw it on the grill, then a light glaze of Sweet Baby Ray's just before done.

Sweet Baby Ray's is my go to BBQ sauce as well.

Also a fan of Daddy Hinkle's O'riginal marinade. Local meat shop carries this, and I can't get enough of it! Dose the meat and let it sit a bit, then splash it on during grilling.

logo.gif

Both wet and dry, in various flavors. They've got a garlic and onion variety, but I prefer to use the original and use my own onion and fresh garlic.

I could go for this right now ! :)

Funny you should bring this up....I just saw an episode of "America`s Test Kitchen", where the man and woman made a very interesting version of chop suey....certainly unlike anything I have seen coming off a typical "American/Chinese" menu....

Found the recipe on the web ... what is that ... Chinese beefaroni?? <G>
https://goodcookbecky.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/skillet-american-chop-suey/

Mine's pretty basic. Pork and fresh mushrooms marinated in soy (of course), the basic La Choy vegetable mix, water chestnuts, fresh celery, green and red peppers, and onions. I like the fresh veggies crisp. Rice and chow mein noodles for texture.

Last edited:
Sweet Baby Ray's is my go to BBQ sauce as well.

Also a fan of Daddy Hinkle's O'riginal marinade. Local meat shop carries this, and I can't get enough of it! Dose the meat and let it sit a bit, then splash it on during grilling.

logo.gif

Both wet and dry, in various flavors. They've got a garlic and onion variety, but I prefer to use the original and use my own onion and fresh garlic.

Found the recipe on the web ... what is that ... Chinese beefaroni?? <G>
https://goodcookbecky.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/skillet-american-chop-suey/

Mine's pretty basic. Pork and fresh mushrooms marinated in soy (of course), the basic La Choy vegetable mix, water chestnuts, fresh celery, green and red peppers, and onions. I like the fresh veggies crisp. Rice and chow mein noodles for texture.

No, the chow mein I was referring to looked nothing like that beef-and-macaroni version....here`s what I was talking about:

http://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/8075-chicken-chow-mein?incode=MKSKZ00L0&ref=search_results_1

I just saw an episode of "America`s Test Kitchen", where the man and woman made a very interesting version of chop suey....

Aha ... gotcha! I confuse those myself sometimes. Shame I can't access the chow mein recipe you linked, because I flat out refuse to register for a website that doesn't give me any other option. Harumph.

Ha! Wait'll you see what I got cookin' here! <G>

Does look tasty though. What is it? I see hash browns, sausage, cheese, or none of the above?

Back
Top Bottom