Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

They look very tasty! May I ask, what are they filled with?

-Dave

Sure, although it's a bit non-traditional (because it's what I had thawed out).

Filling:
Ground turkey
Cabbage
Scallion (the white part)
Garlic
Ginger
Soy sauce
Sesame oil

The dipping sauce:
Soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Minced scallion greens

They were very good. I would serve them to guests.

Sure, although it's a bit non-traditional (because it's what I had thawed out).

Filling:
Ground turkey
Cabbage
Scallion (the white part)
Garlic
Ginger
Soy sauce
Sesame oil

The dipping sauce:
Soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Minced scallion greens

They were very good. I would serve them to guests.

Thanks for the info. Sounds delicious. The GF and I also judge the success of our cooks based on whether we would serve it to guests. :beerchug:

-Dave

Ginger-Chicken Soup and Spring-Rolls

This is a light, refreshing combo that takes minimal effort for great results.

The soup consists of a broth from simmering onions, fresh ginger, garlic, black peppercorns and chicken. It is garnished at serving time with fresh cilantro from the garden.

The spring-rolls contain shredded Napa-cabbage and carrots, green onions, cilantro and glass noodles. They were served with sweet chile sauce.

Dinner (2-27).jpg

soup (2-27).jpg

Salad (2-27).jpg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Have to try the shredded napa and noodles ... I usually go with rice and vermicelli ...

Pickled ginger? Bit of an acquired taste, that ...

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Everybody, don't forget to click the pic and check out some of the other meals featured in da Bucket. Looks like some good eating there! :biggrin:

Home from work late and real hungry so keeping it simple working from what's on hand and quick. Toasted wheat rolls, bacon gravy, bacon, scrambled eggs and tomato with lots of fresh ground pepper on top. I guess it's the acid, but whatever it is, I love how tomatoes bring out the heat in ordinary pepper. When there's eggs in the fridge, there's always something good for dinner on a rainy night. Washed down with a cold Fat Tire. I'm good. Time to spin a record or so until I have to go pick up my wife from work.

IMG_0010.jpg

Spaghetti with a tuna and tomato sauce. One of the first recipes in my cookbook (I learned it from a tv programme when I was 9 or 10), and still one of the best. Quick, easy, delicious!

Spaghetti with TUNA??

(Sounds kinda fishy to me ...) <G>

But I just know I'll have to try it ...

PS ... ever try a tuna and olive sandwich? Both green and black, with lettuce, celery and onion ...

Do try it. It tastes great, and it's more filling than a regular tomato sauce - especially if you use whole grain pasta. Sometimes, when I'm feeling very adventurous, I'll throw in a couple of spoonfuls of capers as well.

The tuna and olive sandwich is a classic with good reason. I usually make them with a home-made dijonnaise, and whichever greens I can find in the fridge.

First Strawberries of the Season

We have been waiting for a long time for these strawberry plants to produce significant fruit. We just harvested these from our garden, so I wanted to make folks drool a bit. They "were" spectacular.

IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0352.JPG

Enjoy,
Rich P

I originally posted this in a Superbowl food thread. This is not going to replace my favorite local pizza but they are quick and easy to make and taste mighty fine.

SkilletPizza3- ed.jpg

SkilletPizza7 -ed.jpg

Bacon!

For breakfast today ... fingerling potatoes, farm fresh eggs over easy, and what I think is the world's finest bacon. If you're ever up in Rogers City, Michigan ... stop in at Plath's Meats and pick up a few pounds.

country-breakfast.jpg

For dinner tonite ... stuffed peppers. Mix of burger and pork sausage, with barley and onions. More bacon on top, with salsa and caramelized onions for garnish.

Stuffed-peppers.jpg

Darn...forgot to take a picture. Had some leftover corned beef and made a couple killer Reuben sandwiches. My, my, they were delish.

Cod en papillote with white radish, spring cabbage, fennel, and celery (and a bit of coriander, white wine, butter, and lemon for extra nom):

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom