Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Looks like what we call boneless eye of round ...

eye-of-round.jpg

.. or the next cut up from that anyway.

Maybe a bit tougher than some, but it's actually a tasty cut of meat. I usually do thick steaks either grilled or pan fried, and it slices nice for sandwiches too.

I think you're right about that. It's not my favourite cut - that would be a rib-eye. But for the price it's hard to beat, especially for a sandwich-type dish where you can't really taste the finer details of a more expensive cut. Plus, I'll take taste over tenderness anytime (which is why I rarely, if ever, buy tenderloin).

Nom!
What do you use for a marinade? I usually cook them plain, and serve with either bearnaise or Madagascar pepper sauce, pommes rösti, and a green salad on the side.

logo.gif

Maybe not something you'd find in your area ... <G>

I also use mesquite bricks when BBQing ... more like little logs. Those just go around the hot coals and smolder over several sessions.

Speaking of mesquite ... this stuff's quite good too, and may be available there ...

91d4tE-nSVL._SY606SX431_SY606_CR,0,0,431,606_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX431_SY606_CR,0,0,431,606_SH20_.jpg

PS ... for me, a steak just isn't a steak without either a baked potato or potato salad, and corn on the cob ...

I don't think either of those products are available in Denmark. And if they were, I wouldn't know - I always make my own marinades with stuff I have on hand, and when I'm grilling I just use charcoal.
Sides are a matter of taste, I guess. I'm not a big fan of corn or baked potatoes, but I loves me some potatoe salad in the summer (especially when spiffed up with some seasonal greens).

Burger King had bakers for a while. Thickest leathery skin I've ever seen. Stop @ Shop back east had good russets too. Wal-mart has crap. You can tell just by looking at the skin.

Organic chicken from Costco. Salt, pepper and thyme.
55 minutes @ 450 F.
Sriracha and sweet Thai chili sauce.
And a honey brown lager.

hh 285.jpg

Homemade French onion soup with cave aged Gruyere melted on top.

Thanks for the update. That was my first guess, but I also thought it might have been chili, or stew with melted cheese on top. Looks tasty. Love the bowl.

-Dave

Great to see all these outdoor shots ... 70F today here in the Great White, and no snow in the forecast!

+1!. March sucked big time here in New England! April didn't start out much better. I cooked some chicken wings on my Weber kettle. Pictures to follow.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom