Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Basically, you're baking grapes ... not much different than what you'd get slow cooking raisins in oatmeal or some such - they come out about the same as a fresh grape would. I use "designer" raisins with several varieties, along with prunes for texture - especially good with candied yams ...

fancyRaisins.jpg

PS ... burn em a bit ... really brings out the flavor! Bonus points if you soak them in rum before cooking.

St Louis ribs on the Weber Smokey Mountain.

Overall family rating was 8.75.

I got dinged for outer pieces being a tad dry - the inner pieces were off the chain! Great smoke (hickory and apple), sweet with a bit of heat for the rub, and tender.

Otherwise, family high scores of 9.0

St-Ribs-after.jpg

Served with crispy fries, and skillet green beans w/ onions.

I need a full recipe for this! (seriously) :beerchug:
Fresh picked ingredients, butter, salt and black pepper. You really don't need much. Fresh picked morels have a wonderful woodsy flavor.

Depending on what's in the fridge, I'll make a variation of an Alfredo sauce with garlic, white wine, cream and parmesan cheese. I got home late and didn't have these ingredients. :)

Pad Gra Tiem - Garlic and Pepper Chicken

Here is a favorite in my house.

Cubed chicken, chopped garlic (loads of it), fresh-ground green and black pepper, Vietnamese palm sugar, Red Boat fish sauce, fresh scallions. This is served on a bed of glass noodles, and garnished with chopped cilantro. It is amazing how good this tastes, considering how easy and simple it is to make.

Pad Gra Tiem.JPG

Pad Gra Tiem - Lrg.JPG

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
Pad Gra Tiem - Garlic and Pepper Chicken

Here is a favorite in my house.

Cubed chicken, chopped garlic (loads of it), fresh-ground green and black pepper, Vietnamese palm sugar, Red Boat fish sauce, fresh scallions. This is served on a bed of glass noodles, and garnished with chopped cilantro. It is amazing how good this tastes, considering how easy and simple it is to make.

View attachment 940375

View attachment 940377

Enjoy,
Rich P
That looks like it would be good chilled too. Yum!

Fresh picked ingredients, butter, salt and black pepper. You really don't need much. Fresh picked morels have a wonderful woodsy flavor.

Depending on what's in the fridge, I'll make a variation of an Alfredo sauce with garlic, white wine, cream and parmesan cheese. I got home late and didn't have these ingredients. :)

Lordy, I would LOVE some fresh morels.

"The Special" from Samurai of Tucson

I have been working to capture iconic foods from around the world that I get the taste for regularly. This one comes from a small, but popular location in Tucson: Samurai. This place specializes in Japanese street food, and has a menu item that they simply call "The Special." It took a while, but I have captured its essence, so I no longer need to suffer having a taste for it. I can now just whip it up at home.

First is the very simple Japanese potato salad, consisting of coarsely mashed potatoes, sea salt from the Israeli Dead Sea, and fresh-ground green pepper. This is then chilled and served.

Next, we have cubed chicken thighs, sauteed in peanut oil, and dressed in "Soy-Vay" teriyaki sauce and garnished with toasted sesame seeds.

Finally, we have yakisoba: special, fresh yakisoba noodles, sliced crimini mushrooms, minced ginger, shredded savoy cabbage, grated white and red carrots, and scallions. This is all sauteed in peanut oil and dressed with the special sauce:ketchup, mushroom infused soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Vietnamese palm sugar, Sriracha sauce, and mirin. This is served, half on and half off, a bed of Japanese short-grain rice.

Yakisoba.JPG

Enjoy,
Rich P

good thing you don't live in my town or youd have a regular dinner guest that you would not be able to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom